Russell Marine Anchor Light

I put the RMP anchor light on my Power Pole. I absolutely love not having to dig out lights in the early mornings by the way.

My minor challenge is as follows. The wire to the light running through the PP won’t stay in place. RMP provided some foam backed stick on zip tie holders. They lasted two trips. I then used silicone to reapply them. The silicone lasted 3 trips.

I doubt I’m the only one with this issue and am turning to the experts of this board. What have you done to remedy this issue?

2. Member
    Clean the surface with alcohol before you try to stick anything to them. I would think some spots of silicone all the way down the pole and then put the wire in that and let it dry would work good

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I cleaned inside surface w alcohol then ran wire and cut pieces of 3m double sided tape and stuck under the wire to the pole, then another same size over the wire and to the other piece of 3m tape bout every 8 inches, 2 seasons so far no issues. Made a 3m tape sandwich w the wire as the cheese...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I cleaned inside surface w alcohol then ran wire and cut pieces of 3m double sided tape and stuck under the wire to the pole, then another same size over the wire and to the other piece of 3m tape bout every 8 inches, 2 seasons so far no issues. Made a 3m tape sandwich w the wire as the cheese...
    Thanks. I did clean with alcohol during both attempts. Maybe the 3m sandwich is the trick.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator