Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thinking about installing a Loc-R-Bar

Thinking about installing a Loc-R-Bar for the front deck compartments including both rod boxes.. What are the pros and cons? Is there another product I should consider? Boat is a Nitro Z21 if that matters.

2. Member
    I put one on my boat for a little peace of mind. Easy to install. I like it

Makes it much harder for a thief to get in, hopefully they'll move on to another one that's easier. Fairly inexpensive piece of mind.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Banned
    if a thief wants it, he'll get it, and tearing your boat up is the result. I leave all my compartments empty when staying overnight somewhere, and leave compartments unlocked.
    There was a thief who trashed alot of boats trying to get in them during a night stayover, with around 30 more boats in parking lot. Mine was unharmed.
    i could tell they opened all my compartments, but NOTHING gone, because there was nothing to take!

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    if a thief wants it, he'll get it, and tearing your boat up is the result. I leave all my compartments empty when staying overnight somewhere, and leave compartments unlocked.
    There was a thief who trashed alot of boats trying to get in them during a night stayover, with around 30 more boats in parking lot. Mine was unharmed.
    i could tell they opened all my compartments, but NOTHING gone, because there was nothing to take!
    Great idea but I'd have to get 2 rooms then....................

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    agreed, the dirt bag will cause more dame then what it's worth. If I'm staying over night at a hotel, I only bring the gear I need for that trip. It's easier to manage 5-7 rods and a duffel bag worth of tackle. Leave everything open if they want a life vest or a paddle they can have it. I can just imagine what it would cost to replace all the deck lids

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Would not have a boat without one. I do take my stuff in the room at night depending where I am at but the bar is nice on road trips while stopping for food or pit stops. They are not going to tear up your boat if you are using the alarm lock that comes with the bar. That thing is pretty loud
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

don't hesitate put it in ,

2009 ELITE 210

10. Member
    I have a home made one that I really enjoy.

11. Member
    Must have if staying in unfamiliar places.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

You can't beat this price... https://www.amazon.com/T-H-Marine-Su...70_&dpSrc=srch

EDIT: My bad, very misleading ad but I did not read the fine print. THIS IS FOR THE LOCK ONLY!
    Last edited by BigMouth; 03-17-2018 at 03:50 PM. Reason: h

13. Banned
    If You're handy and don't mind drilling 4 holes, You can get the rod lockers covered and locked for right around $80 I've got 2 flat topped U Bolts that drop into the deck when the bar isn't attached. The bar is stainless steel w/a stainless steel chain that You tighten up. It would take a thief like Alexander Munday or a politician to break into the lockers and when I tighten the chain there isn't any clearance Clarence.

14. Member
    Lew StulePh.D.,
    Can you show a pic of that set-up?

I'd remove the locRbar when ever the boat is inside or out of sight. It might would keep your boat from being totaled while they steal the contents.

16. Member
    I installed a Loc R Bar last year and it is a must have for me.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

17. Member
    I love mine, not going to get in it without causing a ruckus. Same reason I cover my boat at night, just to make it a little more difficult.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    If You're handy and don't mind drilling 4 holes, You can get the rod lockers covered and locked for right around $80 I've got 2 flat topped U Bolts that drop into the deck when the bar isn't attached. The bar is stainless steel w/a stainless steel chain that You tighten up. It would take a thief like Alexander Munday or a politician to break into the lockers and when I tighten the chain there isn't any clearance Clarence.
    If you could send pics that would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    If you could send pics that would be amazing
    ^^^this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast