MG Tour 82 cable issues

Under the foot pedal, my cable keeps coming off the big roller that son the side of the pedal. Have I got it adjusted wrong for tension or what? Thanks.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

Sounds like the cable tension needs to be adjusted. Tighten it. I went out and looked at mine. It stays tight to the roller throughout the operating range.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    I have tightened it before, it just jumps off again. I may be doing something wrong.

4. Member
    On the front of the foot pedal you will find 2 nuts with springs behind them. Turn the towards the foot pedal to tighten the steer cable. My rule of thumb is if all the treads of the cable adjust are well into the groove where it sits, and the cable still has slack in it then the cable needs to be changed. If you have steel pulleys then you should be fine.

5. Member
    I do not have steel, they are plastic. I will tighten the crap out of it this afternoon and try.

6. Member
    If you still have the plastic pulleys, once they start rolling off they will continue to do so. It needs to be converted to the stainless pulleys. Also, when adjusting watch the cables. When you do "heal down" the toe is pulling so that cable is tight, but the heal cable must stay tight also. If it doesn't, it will roll off and needs to be tightened. Some goes for "toe down", the heal is pulling and the toe, if it has slack, needs to be tighned. Just adjusting one cable doesn't work.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Update. I adjusted cables just as John said to do and wow what a difference. Did not roll off a single time yesterday. Thanks!