Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I put one on mine, puts me up on plane real quick and allows me to be on plane at slower speeds.
    G3 HP180
    Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

Had a SE Sport 400 on my 115 with an aluminum prop. Took it off after changing to a Merc SS 4-blade prop and moving the engine up one hole. Helped hole shot and cornering while it was on.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

3. Member
    I run a Ranger so speed is NOT a factor. It greatly improved my low speed planing and also keeps my bow up in heavy waves.

x2 love my foil on my Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by rodney_h View Post
    I put one on mine, puts me up on plane real quick and allows me to be on plane at slower speeds.
    Have a Bryans foil on mine and I have to agree!!! ^^^^^^^^
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

5. Member
    Original stingray, best 50 bucks you will spend on a boat.. don't bother with the rest imo.
    Have ran them on every boat I have owned and won't run one without... have had to convince a few partners over the years to give them a try and made believers out of all of them...

I have a Chris Bailey foil and it is awesome. My boat comes out of the water like it's been shot out of a cannon and will stay on plane at a much lower speed.
    Proud Army Dad

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin387 View Post
    I have one and love it. I had to adjust my jackplate a little to get the best performance. I run Erie and have had no issues with it. Granted, I run a Ranger so speed is NOT a factor. It greatly improved my low speed planing and also keeps my bow up in heavy waves. My foil is a Chris Bailey. It looks awesome as well.
    wouldnt the foil try to push the bow down more? I’m thinking about one but don’t want to start stuffing every pleasure boat wake...

8. Member
    I have a CB and I recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by cweb View Post
    wouldnt the foil try to push the bow down more? I’m thinking about one but don’t want to start stuffing every pleasure boat wake...
    That's what it's designed to do (pick the stern up and push the bow down). Had the Allison foil on my last Allison and it made it harder to keep the nose up in rough water.

Several weeks ago I decided to try one of C. Baileys on my present Allison. Never got to try it in real rough water as it cracked after a few days use. But it definitely helped the holeshot with big props and heavy loads and allows the boat to stay on plane at much slower speed for graphing..

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    Had a SE Sport 400 on my 115 with an aluminum prop. Took it off after changing to a Merc SS 4-blade prop and moving the engine up one hole. Helped hole shot and cornering while it was on.
    Installed the same one on my lund 1775. Not much time on it but seems better on holeshot.
    need more time but like the no drilling of the foil.
    Hoping it keeps me from buying another prop for the high lakes in Colorado

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12