Prop for 04 Ranger 521vx with Yamaha 250HPDI

Currently running a 25P Yamaha T1 but it takes a long time to get a good bite on the water and lift the bow after getting on plane. Once the prop gets a good bite on the water I can hit 70 with one person and fairly light load but it takes a long run. Also doesn't hold the bow up in rough water.Should I try a different prop or work on this one . Prop is in good shape and has been worked once by a prop shop ( not Croxton). Thanks for any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by dr14 View Post
    Currently running a 25P Yamaha T1 but it takes a long time to get a good bite on the water and lift the bow after getting on plane. Once the prop gets a good bite on the water I can hit 70 with one person and fairly light load but it takes a long run. Also doesn't hold the bow up in rough water.Should I try a different prop or work on this one . Prop is in good shape and has been worked once by a prop shop ( not Croxton). Thanks for any suggestions.

I believe this is your problem...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I have a 2003 521 that had a 250 HPDI(it now has a SHO). The 25T1 prop was the best prop I found. I tried several others and they were slower. A trophy that has been worked runs pretty close and is great in rough water. Get you 25T1 worked by a custom propeller shop and you should see some gains.

4. Member
    dr14 I sent u a pm.