2 graphs or one at the console

Looking to upgrade my 998 at the console. Options are 1 helix 12 si mega or a helix 10 si mega with another helix 10 with just basic 2d and gps. If I went the route of the 2 10" graphs. Could I use the helix 10 si mega transducer for the basic helix 10 for just 2d and mapping or would i need a separate transducer for it.

You can share MEGA Imaging, MEGA Down Imaging and 2D sonar to a G2N 2D model via Ethernet and don't have to install the 2D transducer for the 2D unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I have 2 at the console. It’s convenient not having to change screens back and forth from 2d and mapping to SI or splitting the screen with SI and 2d/mapping.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    Which Ethernet cable would I need to link the 2 together

Quote Originally Posted by weidner21 View Post
    Which Ethernet cable would I need to link the 2 together
    Whichever one has the length you need to go between them. Each Helix would also need the Ethernet adapter AS EC QDE.
    The shortest one is 2'---AS EC 2E.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I'm seriously considering 2 at the console. Haven't even rigged the boat yet, but I already know from my previous boat what a pain it was flipping screens. Just having trouble coughing up that extra grand. I've got almost $10k into it in electronics, tm, cabling, mounts, hardware and batteries as it is, so.. Part of me says "what the hell" and part of me says "you've gotta stop somewhere".

It remains to be seen which part will win.

I like one large graph at the console and bow.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

8. Member
    I went through the same thing when I was setup my current boat. I ended up putting a helix 12si at the drivers seat and put a helix 12 & helix 10 on the bow. The bow 12 runs 360 all day & the bow 10 runs map all day.

I made this decision because I spend 90% of my day at the bow. The 10% driving is just spot to spot on tourny days so it shows map.

On prefish days the driver seat runs map to get to an area I want to check out, then I flip it to SI I to see what's around. Mark a few way points on interesting stuff. Then I jump up to the bow and work around the waypoints fishing them. I use the bow 10 to get to the waypoint and the bow 12 360 to see the target as I approach it to fish.

Just how I setup for my specific use.

9. Member
    I went through the same thing when I was setup my current boat. I ended up putting a helix 12si at the drivers seat and put a helix 12 & helix 10 on the bow. The bow 12 runs 360 all day & the bow 10 runs map all day.

I made this decision because I spend 90% of my day at the bow. The 10% driving is just spot to spot on tourny days so it shows map.

On prefish days the driver seat runs map to get to an area I want to check out, then I flip it to SI I to see what's around. Mark a few way points on interesting stuff. Then I jump up to the bow and work around the waypoints fishing them. I use the bow 10 to get to the waypoint and the bow 12 360 to see the target as I approach it to fish.

Just how I setup for my specific use.