Thread: Bass Clubs

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS

Bass Clubs

So I'm moving to Dawsonville GA from Northern VA for work and I know nobody! I successfully fished the, Potomac, James, Chick, Anna, Kerr (fav) and others at many levels and others and just love to fish. I have my own ChampioN 198 so not looking for boat rides or anyone's spots... I can do that on my own. I'm a serious outdoorsman looking for a club or two (High School Team?) where I can get involved and meet some semi serious fishermen for small to med tournaments (bigger later). I know this sounds like a dating request but it 100% is not, I'm a married straight conservative that loves guns!!!- lol. I'm moving in on 6/8/18 as that's when house will be finished... So if anyone has a lead it would be appreciated.

My boat is down here now so ill be hitting Lanier next week some after work. PM me...
    Last edited by BOW4UM; 03-15-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOW4UM View Post
    So I'm moving to Dawsonville GA from Northern VA for work and I know nobody! I successfully fished the, Potomac, James, Chick, Anna, Kerr (fav) and others at many levels and others and just love to fish. I have my own ChampioN 198 so not looking for boat rides or anyone's spots... I can do that on my own. I'm a serious outdoorsman looking for a club or two (High School Team?) where I can get involved and meet some semi serious fishermen for small to med tournaments (bigger later). I know this sounds like a dating request but it 100% is not, I'm a married straight conservative that loves guns!!!- lol. I'm moving in on 6/8/18 as that's when house will be finished... So if anyone has a lead it would be appreciated.

My boat is down here now so ill be hitting Lanier next week some after work. PM me...
    If you have high school kids, consider fishing the Fishers of Men trail FOMNTT.com They have adult kid catagories, making it easy to reach a regional. All good people here.

Check out Northgeorgiabassanglers.com

Great group of guys, I fished with them for a few years before moving to VA (Kerr) but now that Im back close enough Im going to fish with them again.

They now meet last Wed of the month at Gameday in Woodstock, Ga. Even if you dont fish with them I would give them a call as I believe they were/are involved with some high school stuff. Last month was my first month back so Im not completely up to date on current club stuff.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    :) looking at all these now! Thanks for the leads.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

5. Member
    Check out Yonah Mountain Bass Club on FB, we have about 20 members. We fish Lanier, Hartwell, Chatuge, & Burton. Second Saturday of every month with a one day classic the first Saturday of April. PM me if you want.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Check out Northgeorgiabassanglers.com

Great group of guys, I fished with them for a few years before moving to VA (Kerr) but now that Im back close enough Im going to fish with them again.

They now meet last Wed of the month at Gameday in Woodstock, Ga. Even if you dont fish with them I would give them a call as I believe they were/are involved with some high school stuff. Last month was my first month back so Im not completely up to date on current club stuff.
    This is a good group of guys, I stopped tournament fishing due to family obligations but if I was going to start again I'd rejoin with this group.