Thread: Fishing So Far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fishing So Far

Well how's everybody's fishing going this Spring, size, numbers? For me it's been a numbers year, several 4's and a couple of 5's but that's it on size. Adele has big fish so far this year with a 5 1/4 lb. Been a fun year so far.

Zero for me. Been very busy at work, my house, my dad's to get my boat fixed and to even have time to fish. we don't have any weekend plans the next few weeks I plan on at least starting on my boat repair.

3. Member
    Zero for me. My boat is still hanging in the slip with almost no water under it. Gotta get some rain.

I can't see to back down the ramp.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Maybe you could solicit the dude with the headlights to help you out ... oh wait, you done told him off

6. Member
    Need more whiskey. That always improves my vision, usually by a factor of 2.

7. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Only been a couple of times.......Fork and over to Welsh.
    They were jumping in the boat two weeks ago, and not at Fork

8. Member
    Not a big numbers year except one trip but have an 8 and quite a few in the 4 or 5lb range

9. Member
    So far in 20I8 I've fished Welsh, Squaw Creek, Ray Roberts and Fork. Caught fish every trip, but nothing over 3.5# . I'll beat that next week at TB.

10. Member
    Conroe today for about 4 hours (10 to 2). One bass, maybe 1 1/2 lbs ....who hit a lure half of his size. Hungry I guess.

11. Banned
    Had some good days, had a DD the other day.

I got nothin.
    I took the year off of the trail & haven't done any funfish I'll reward myself when some projects are completed...
    Best of luck to all getting out!

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/

13. Member
    Been fishing here at T-Bend, over at Sam Rayburn and even took a trip to Lake Naconiche over by Nacogdoches. Been catching fish up to 5 pounds but no big ones just yet, still looking for the fish to start coming up shallow, just not seeing the beds yet but some of the lake is still a bit off color here at T-Bend so it might be a bit harder to see them shallow. The way Rayburn is setting up right now it is the Buck Brush - Hay Grass Capital of the World! When them fish start to get locked on over there it's going to be lights out, outside hay grass edges in 5-7 feet of water and so much shallow stuff to throw at.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratltrap View Post
    Been fishing here at T-Bend, over at Sam Rayburn and even took a trip to Lake Naconiche over by Nacogdoches. Been catching fish up to 5 pounds but no big ones just yet, still looking for the fish to start coming up shallow, just not seeing the beds yet but some of the lake is still a bit off color here at T-Bend so it might be a bit harder to see them shallow. The way Rayburn is setting up right now it is the Buck Brush - Hay Grass Capital of the World! When them fish start to get locked on over there it's going to be lights out, outside hay grass edges in 5-7 feet of water and so much shallow stuff to throw at.
    What H2O temps are you seeing on TB?

Depends on what part of the 185,000 acres of water Cliff.

Yesterday early morning mid lake area was around 60-61. Same areas in late afternoon has been 62-64.
    I personally have not seen any temps over 64 in the past week, with 61-63 being the norm.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

16. Member

Yesterday early morning mid lake area was around 60-61. Same areas in late afternoon has been 62-64.
    I personally have not seen any temps over 64 in the past week, with 61-63 being the norm.
    Thank you sir.

17. Member

Same thing we saw Tuesday/Wednesday. We were Texas side and midlake area too.

18. Member
    I saw some low 70’s water yesterday but I was way back in shallow muddy water. Mostly around 63-64. I haven’t done much good I was there for several days but that norther changed things up and I didn’t find them.

19. Member
    Just got back from amistad 3 days of fishing best day we had over 50 mostly dinks did have a five and a few 3s, never saw so many bass 10 to 14 inches. We had a great time just worn out.

Mega Bass was at Fork this past Saturday. 11.38 won it. 11.34 was second, 11.13 third. I believe there were 4 over 10 weighed in. I got out for a while on Wednesday and Thursday, fought the wind, and only caught some small fish. Largest was about 4.5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast