Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post
    Mmmmmmm, not convinced.

In the 50ft range on side sonar the best I have ever seen is HB Mega, but after that it goes black. I am just not seeing that level of detail with these screenshots with the GSV20, even at 50ft range.

Most of us want 150ft range of high definition side sonar for idling around looking for 'stuff', the best for many years was the old Legend HB HDSI on 455kHz. With the latest update on the Carbon with SS3D, this is now the best side sonar at 150ft.

I just think if Garmin was going to enter the ring with a new HD SideVu, it should have had a bit more 'bang'.

Moderators - If you feel my post is not in line with the board rules, I am happy to remove this post.
    I would like to know how clear of a pic you actually get in skinny water at 150 feet on any brand. Say depth is 15ft, I would be happy with 100 ft. The best I have seen so far is Mega. I think this is an upgrade on the Garmins is comparable to to the gen 1 SSHD from Low which was great improvment in my opinion.

2. Member
    Finally got my UHD installed and got out on a shallow lake near me and all I can say is that i am VERY happy with the new ducer. Cant wait to try it more this weekend!!!!

Great job Garmin!

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    What i find funny is that with the original side scan systems, everyone was comparing and wanting the system that looked out to the sides the furthest, then comes Mega/HD views which side scan footage is way less then regular and now everyone is wanting that one.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    What i find funny is that with the original side scan systems, everyone was comparing and wanting the system that looked out to the sides the furthest, then comes Mega/HD views which side scan footage is way less then regular and now everyone is wanting that one.....
    Quality over Quantity?

5. Banned
    I wouldn’t say ‘way less’. The increased scan ranges are nice but are only good for seeing structure. Fish and cover and simply too small to see at those ranges over 100 foot per side. In those cases where you want to see cover or fish, 80 foot is about the max. Mega is good to about 120 a side which is perfect.

6. Member
    I have enjoyed my GCV20 for about a month now. I decided to put a 1242xsv on my console and move my 942xs to the front of the boat. I got all of that done Friday and took it out for testing. First impresssion is that after you get used to a touch screen, it is frustrating going back to knobs and buttons. Nevertheless, everything worked great. Got up this morning to go again and the 942 wouldn't power on and there was no sideview or downview available on the 1242. The GCV20 had it's green light flashing. Once I came back in and started troubleshooting, I found a blown fuse on the 942. I replaced that and powered on the system and the 942 went into a lengthy recover phase. When that completed both units worked but neither unit has sideview or downview. The GCV20 has a flashing green light and flashing white lights at both car5 connections. I'm hoping someone has some insight on this. Thanks.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Bugdoc, start a new thread so other will see your post and try to help....it will get buried here or not seen by others.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678