Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    HI. When is this block going to be on sale?

2. Banned
    So, the guy at the Garmin booth at the classic expo told me if I bought the Ultra upgrade I could ditch my GT52 since it does everything the GT52 does plus Ultra imaging.

3. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    So, the guy at the Garmin booth at the classic expo told me if I bought the Ultra upgrade I could ditch my GT52 since it does everything the GT52 does plus Ultra imaging.
    I'm pretty sure it dosen't include 2d.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonHaske View Post
    I'm pretty sure it dosen't include 2d.
    That's not what they told me.

5. Member
    The specs on the Garmin website for the GT34UHD-TM make no mention of 2d or 2d frequencies. I don't think that is a mistake. If it included 2d the chirp frequency of the 2d would be listed. So I take that to mean that it does not have a 2d element. It also fits the pattern of the GCV-10 & GT30 combo. No 2d. I see no reason to expect for the GCV-20 & GT34UHD combo to include 2d. Use a "Y" cable and put whatever 2d transducer you want on it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Looking at the specs on website it does not mention 2d sonar....

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/618945#specs

So was this guy a "pro staffer" or some that actually worked at Garmin?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    That's not what they told me.
    check the specs, it only list clearvu, and sidevu.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Looking at the specs on website it does not mention 2d sonar....

So was this guy a "pro staffer" or some that actually worked at Garmin?
    He worked for Garmin.

Convo went likes this:

Me: With the Ultra kit I'll need to have two transducers on the transom?
    Him: No, you can remove your GT52, or move it to the trolling motor.
    Me: So the Ultra does 2D as well?
    Him: Yes

I have no reason to lie. That's what I was told by a Garmin rep at the Expo. Would it be the first time Garmin omitted or fubbed info on their website? No. Or maybe the rep was misinformed. Kind of shitty if that's the case considering the attention it was bringing in.

9. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Use a "Y" cable and put whatever 2d transducer you want on it.
    What 2d transducer would you recommend for a aluminum boat?

10. Member
    As a former dealer. I am aware of the companies hiring " pro reps" . These guys or gals are hired for dealer and expo shows. They are armed with very basic knowledge of company's product and turned loose to misinform consumers. Not intentionally they just don't like to appear as not being less informed.

Seen and heard erroneous info given out many times at computer , gun , boat expos/shows. Like clerks at Best Buy / Gander Mountain etc etc. It sometimes is a crap shoot as how accurate the info they wax poetic on.

Garmin's own website is often mistaken on quite a few things. Info on this site by a trusted few is more accurate than anything I have read elsewhere.

I was at a show in Chicago for Faber Brothers. The Humminbird rep there knew less about modern electronics than my wife did. This was back in the early nineties and the MFD's were in no way as complicated as they are today.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

11. Member
    That's beyond my knowledge and experience. If Todd don't see this and respond, start a new thread and start it off "Todd......." He'll know.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

12. Member
    He worked for Garmin.

Convo went likes this:

Me: With the Ultra kit I'll need to have two transducers on the transom?
    Him: No, you can remove your GT52, or move it to the trolling motor.
    Me: So the Ultra does 2D as well?
    Him: Yes
    I'm not disputing anything you are repeating. Too bad you didn't get to speak with Greg at the expo. I spoke with three different people, but only cordials except with Greg. With him I got into details on several existing transducers. He knew his stuff.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hays47 View Post
    As a former dealer. I am aware of the companies hiring " pro reps" . These guys or gals are hired for dealer and expo shows. They are armed with very basic knowledge of company's product and turned loose to misinform consumers. Not intentionally they just don't like to appear as not being less informed.

Seen and heard erroneous info given out many times at computer , gun , boat expos/shows. Like clerks at Best Buy / Gander Mountain etc etc. It sometimes is a crap shoot as how accurate the info they wax poetic on.

Garmin's own website is often mistaken on quite a few things. Info on this site by a trusted few is more accurate than anything I have read elsewhere.

I was at a show in Chicago for Faber Brothers. The Humminbird rep there knew less about modern electronics than my wife did. This was back in the early nineties and the MFD's were in no way as complicated as they are today.
    Hays when I worked for a sporting good distributor, would be in store to help, several of the companies had their pro staff there. Some pro staffers did their homework others did not. The word "Pro-fisherman" is misleading. If one asked me what a pro is in any sport, my opinion someone who makes a major portion of his/her incomes in the sport. So it starts there, what confuses the consumer more is product endorsements. Not one company can cover every fishing situation/feature. During the Classic weigh in yesterday one angler comment to using a bait he was not sponsored purchasing a $1000.00 or more of these baits be was catching fish on,not on his list of sponsors. But to fish a bass circuit these guys need sponsors. My experience at " in stores" the "pro" did not listen to the consumer, instead used the venue to brag about themselves. The good and valued ones listened.

Spoke on the phone last evening with a veteran in sporting goods industry, he shared how the industry has changed and wholesale distributors closed their doors, like Point, CSI now Big Rock, Northland closed their doors also. He mentioned one market he knew of in which 7 self proclaimed professional anglers, one he chuckled ranged from one who did not own a boat to two guys that were very good. Like any business it is a tough one. For me always enjoyed fishing too much to make it a job. Now I work hard,when I have time the importance of the , without it we have nothing.

Garmin is very good with their information far exceeds the others. Airmar is right with Garmin in my opinion. One large sporting goods outlet my friend worked for he claimed to have sold 3 to four Garmin $1700.00 panoptix units a day. I wonder how many really understand how to use and get the most out of their investment.

Thanks Hays for a flash from the past, my run on the treadmill started with the green box, so have seen and followed alot
    Last edited by Treeguyus; 03-19-2018 at 04:57 AM.

14. Banned
    GT34UHD-TM don't have the traditional CHIRP element, it's a scanning sonar transducer only.

The GCV 20 box connects to your MFD via ethernet, that leaves your transducer port available. From what I have read on THT, you keep your GT 52 connected giving you the traditional sonar and you can select which transducer you want to use for Side vu or Down vu.

16. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrochris View Post
    The GCV 20 box connects to your MFD via ethernet, that leaves your transducer port available. From what I have read on THT, you keep your GT 52 connected giving you the traditional sonar and you can select which transducer you want to use for Side vu or Down vu.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

17. Member
    So its not compatible with the non plus 93sv? Bummer......

The transom-mount versions of either the GT8 or GT15 will work well.
    Garmin Pro Team

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    So its not compatible with the non plus 93sv? Bummer......
    I know... that sucks

20. Member

Question for TroyBoy30

Troy. Would you identify these transducers? Are the pictures of the same transducers on the same or different boats? Is something weird going on with the lighting to make #2 look like it has an upside down trapezoid on the end? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast