New boards and carpet

What kind of carpet and glue is best for new bunks on my EZ loader trailer? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by snake51 View Post
    What kind of carpet and glue is best for new bunks on my EZ loader trailer? Thanks in advance.
    Just did mine a few weeks ago. Pressure treated 2x4’s cut to length. I ordered Bass cat bunk carpet. 3M heavy duty spray adhesive. 3/4 to 1 inch stainless or monel staples. I have an 18 Gauge air stapler so I used it. Much easier then a hand powered unit. 3/8 by 1 1/2 inch stainless lag bolts.

My Ezloader bunks had an extra layer or material ( backing) under the carpet on the top of the bunk. I repeated that by gluing down an extra piece of carpet cut to 3 1/2 inches wide. Then I sprayed the sides and bottom of the bunk boards with adhesive ( not totally nesscary ) but helped keep the carpet in place while I stapled the carpet. I have about 1 inch of exsposed area on on the bottom to allow water to escape. I just jacked up the back of my boat, removed the old bunks and installed the new ones. Good luck
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,