#4 Hook Jig Head

Hi ALL,

I am looking for someone/shop willing to pour some Crappie Jig Head. Locally I can’t find 1/8oz with #4 hooks, all #2 Size Hooks. Please recommend someone that I can order without having to buy 1,000s. I can only order 100 to 150 Jigs per order.

thoughts?

2. Member
    If you can't find someone on here, try E-Bay or Crappie.com, lots of jig makers over there. Check your local mom and pop tackle shops, often times they get their's from someone local.

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    My local tackle shop here in NE OK should be able to do that. I have his number somewhere. Im pretty sure he can do anything you want and beyond easy to deal with.

4. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    (918) 479-4665 is the shop number. His name is Roy. You wont find a nicer guy to deal with! I also have his cell number somewhere if needed. The name of the shop is "Big daddys Tackle ".

5. Member
    Also two guys I have used often that frequent crappie.com Crappiedreamer is one and the other is Danny Matthews (dansjigs.com) Can't remember his user name there. I can get you either phone number if you wish. both stand up guys who will work with you. Quite reasonable price points. Both also hand tie some really good stuff. CrappieDreamer also will put the screw-lock on the hook shank if you want (for plastics).

Thank you

7. Member
    They're called Deep Ledge Jigs made by Steve Welch. He has 3/32 up to 1/4 all made with a light wire #4 hook. Google Steve Welch and click on his online store tab. They are a "big head" type jig kinda like a pill head. The larger profile I think attracts more bites and helps the jig work through cover better. The light wire hook straightens out pretty easily if you do get it hung but will stand up to a 2# fish any day of the week.
    Last edited by 96ranger492vs; 03-29-2018 at 06:09 AM.