Visiting next week

Hi friends!

I値l be visiting from Michigan next week and I壇 like to spend a day or two chasing some largemouths. I値l be staying in Cleremont, so maybe hit Louisa, Minneola, Apopka (are there any fish there?) or possibly Butler chain. I値l have one spinning rod and one casting rod. I have to pack light, so any recommendations on tackle are appreciated. I plan to bring one Plano box with the following:

plenty of of soft plastic stuff with various hooks / jigs (colors?)
    frog or 2
    crank or 2
    jerkbait?
    spinnerbait / chatterbait
    swimbaits or swimjigs?

here in Michigan, if I get into some 2-4 pounders it痴 a good day. I知 really looking forward to a chance at a monster Florida bass!! For the record, I値l be borrowing a bow rider with no troller and limited electronics.
    any advice from local anglers is mucho appreciated!!

Thanks so much in advance!

Tony

I would recommend to fish Butler...Hire a guide the first day because there is a lot of water and you need to see where to go and what to do.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

3. Member
    Given current wind forecasts and boat limitations, you better get out before the front next week (like Monday). It will be difficult to bass fish properly without a trolling motor unless you go somewhere with scattered flats or offshore vegetation. If you can only borrow that particular type boat, I'd guess probably offshore in Griffin might be best bet but I'm not even sure the hydrilla is still out there (been a while).

Forget Apopka without trolling motor and extreme knowledge of that lake, its a mudhole but does hold some large fish.

All in all, I'd leave the gear at home and just get a guide if even just for a half day.
    Current: 2014 Sportsman Masters 207/150 Yamaha
    9 previous Rangers

Also you may want to change line. 10-12 lb minimum heavier if you going to flip.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115