Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    It is a Canada thing, for sure (reason # 137 for me to stay south of the border). My wife is a newfie and it's always been odd to her that we can turn off our headlights. I understand the safety aspect. I see people driving at night with no headlights all the time. Although I like to think that it's just Canadians who are used to the government doing it for them, I'm sure I'm sure it's not always the case .

2. Not a member
    Damn! You cant complain about a fart around here without some snowflake getting butthurt about it. Haha

You guys that are bashing Troy about his post dont know him. He posted this for one reason and that was to start a conversation with his budds. A coversation that would generate some tall tales and general ribbing of each other.

Years ago that was what went on in here. Just a hunch of friends ribbing each other and talkin crap. Now its full of women I guess.

Gripe groan bitch and moan Troy! Im with ya.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by desertbasser View Post
    Damn! You cant complain about a fart around here without some snowflake getting butthurt about it. Haha
    I'm all for good conversation, and/or comments about idiots at a boat ramp.
    This wasn't about idiots at a boat ramp; it was about what was said to perceived idiots by the person offended by headlights. It's one thing to make fun after-the-fact on a forum, or have told them (respectfully) that their headlights are blinding others on the ramp; it's quite another to tear a piece off them, and then talk about about it afterward, under the illusion that "I"m right, so I can say whatever the F%&$ I want".
    Mathew 7:12 - "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
    Satanic bible - "do unto others as they do unto you".
    I try to live by the former.

4. Banned
    This is what happens when liberal snowflakes get involved has no clue what the hell its about but will damn sure tell you how wrong you are.
    Last edited by CaymasMan250; 03-18-2018 at 08:11 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    I'm just saying that cursing a guy out at the boat ramp for leaving headlights on is not necessary or appropriate. That was intended for the OP. Now, if you tell them nicely and they blow you off, then all bets are off.
    Both my 2011 and 2014 GMC's will turn the headlights on in the dark as soon as it's put in gear, even if it's in the "parking lights" position. There is no "off" position on the headlight switch; it might be a Canadian market only thing. If it's daylight, the running lights will come on as soon as you put it in gear, and again, there is no "off".
    I was surprised my 07 has a headlight off position, most all my older GM products it's jump though hoops to get them off. I bet you look in the manual you'll find a way to turn the headlights off on Canadian models.

6. Member
    I've never seen so many foreigners on our board before. Must be quite the hot topic to draw out so many. Good job Corky.

Original post has been altered to keep any further foreigners from getting their feelings hurt. You’re so kind Troy. You guys get out and enjoy your Sunday.

Thanks my FRIENDS. Hey maybe we have raised awareness to the lights at ramp thing. And we didn't even have to March with signs or nothin.

ONE more time.
    Get out of pickup, holler over the roar of the diesel engine and say turn yer lights off. Wave my arms point at the lights. Nothing. Reckon he was looking behind, not at me. That's understandable.
    I then holler at the dude in boat and say tell him to turn his lights off. Nothing.
    They pull out right past me and I holler, yep F'n HOLLER, At the dude in boat, y'all need to turn yer F'n headlights out at the boat ramp. You don't run yer headlights at the boat ramp.
    That's it.

By the way, for all you whiny do gooder, know more about the situation than me dik heads, I did NOT get a response back. How about a "sorry about that", or even a F'k you mind yer own business reply would have been acceptable in "my world".

Let me tell you, it ain't easy to earn this patch. Really.
    patches.jpg

Post was deleted for respect to our GREAT moderator Bobby, in order to police our own and not have to get him involved with a useless pissing match.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

Troy never stop being you!
    Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

My wife gave one of those patches many years ago!!!!! Tom hit the nail on the head. People just like to complain and whine, especially when they or guilty of the topic!

Some markets have mandatory running lights. Some will shut off if you push the parking brake 1 click others will not
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

I just wait for daylight. Don't do much tourney fishing so I rarely run into this issue, plus I don't fish on weekends much. I've seen it a bunch on Amistad though, about 50/50.

13. Member
    At the end of the whole scenario there is only one person looking and acting like a fool....and it wasn't the one with his headlights on. The person writing this is one of the least liberal guys you will ever meet.

Quote Originally Posted by neverenuf View Post
    At the end of the whole scenario there is only one person looking and acting like a fool....and it wasn't the one with his headlights on. The person writing this is one of the least liberal guys you will ever meet.
    Then go back to the LA board and be happy!!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WB View Post
    Then go back to the LA board and be happy!!!
    Thanks for the advice. I'm fishing texas waters this week so this place feels appropriate. Rayburn is producing right now LOL. Everyone is minding their manners at the Twin Dykes boat ramp.

16. Banned
    Funny when you go to some lake like Rayburn, Falcon, Amistad, Fork etc and there are nearly as many out of state plates as Texas plates.

17. Member
    True. I'm usually at Toledo Bend but it's rediculous right now with all the people. Went to Rayburn to get away. Same over here though, check out the boat launches anywhere near Big Lake and you will find mostly Texans.
    Last edited by neverenuf; 03-18-2018 at 08:18 PM.

18. Member
    I believe that native Texans have an etiquette that yankees see as idiosyncrasies. If these courtesies we extend to each other were posted on a sign, they'd probably follow the rules. Although we see it as a deliberately rude gesture, I think they just don't know any better. You fellas down south are starting to get a taste of what we've been dealing with on Fork for decades.

19. Banned
    I witnessed a situation at Amistad a few years ago about headlights. Guy backed down the ramp, buddy was in the boat, headlights on high beam, they get near the water and decided to get the boat ready to launch instead of doing it at the top of the ramp like normal folks do. This older man backs down beside him and says " turn your lights off its hard to see backing down" they younger guy (I'd say late 20') says "F you old man, turn them off yourself if you are man enough" so the older man reaches in the bed of his truck and grabs a hammer and busted out both headlights on that truck. The young guy runs to the front of the truck and the older man knocked his ass out cold. He calmly got in his truck launched his boat and parked his truck went io get in his boat walked right by the guy trying to get his wits back and said, " call me an old man again" !! Funniest damn thing I've probably ever seen.

20. Member
    Snowflake alert.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast