Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Well, I just saw two good ole boys in an older boat, older truck, no neck scarf, no gloves pull something I've never seen. My son was backing the boat in to launch on Toledo Bend Wednesday. They couldn't wait another 30 seconds for us to get out of the way and were dead set on launching as fast as they could. Guy backed the boat in then took off like a bat out of hell. Problem was he left one of the back straps hooked up, other unhooked. Swung the rear of the boat up on the ramp and landed on the motor ripping the skeg completely off. Luckily my son had just pulled up and I was far enough back they didn't hit us. I wonder how many times these two guys made fun of others at the ramp. The headlight thing drives me crazy too but life's too short to get so upset over these things because it's not going to change.
    That's some silly ass chit right there! Glad y'all didn't get hurt with all that stupid going on!

Cork: Every year, every tournament; we fight with them kinda fellers at the ramp. Really frustrating when we have 60-80 or more boats to launch in a hurry

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/

2. Member
    We have one rig that you cannot turn the lights off. It has no 'off' position.

3. Member
    I like the ones that turn off their headlights but have fog lights brighter than the headlights. I asked a guy at PK a couple months ago to turn them off and got a they are off dude response. The next guy that asked him wasn’t as nice as me.

4. Member
    Y'all just keep your voice down while carrying on with all that chit at 6am. I'm trying to sleep.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerPro16 View Post
    We have one rig that you cannot turn the lights off. It has no 'off' position.
    Better watch out. The OP is waiting for dudes like you to teach you a fuc'ing lesson at 5am. Hope your kids arent with you to hear it. Might start slashing tires next.

6. Member

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neverenuf View Post
    Better watch out. The OP is waiting for dudes like you to teach you a fuc'ing lesson at 5am. Hope your kids arent with you to hear it. Might start slashing tires next.
    So you drop the F bomb in your reply then say "hope your kids aren't there to hear it"? Makes about as much sense as wiping before you crap!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    So you drop the F bomb in your reply then say "hope your kids aren't there to hear it"? Makes about as much sense as wiping before you crap!
    That was his words to the last guy he taught a lesson to. I won't have this type of confrontation. Much better ways to handle the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by neverenuf View Post
    Alright pal, that's enough. Slashing tires?

Stop stating how you think I am and what you think my intentions are about ANY thing. You don't know me and damn sure don't my "ways".
    My post was to share with my friends on here, and you ain't one of them. yet.

I simply told these "fishermen" to turn their headlights off. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. There were no children, grannys or puppies present.

So drop it.

Anymore discussion with you will be face to face. I ain't hard to find.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Well, it did not ruin my day, it simply pissed me off.
    Word for word, I said, turn your F'n headlights off at the boat ramp, you don't run your headlights at the ramp.
    You wouldn't last long in Canada; we can't shut our headlights off.
    And unless you knew they intentionally left their lights on so it would blind others (too stupid to not stare into headlights), then what you said was completely uncalled for.
    If you can't offer advice nicely, then say nothing. Your hateful approach could end badly for you one day.

11. Member
    I can’t believe they wear those gloves and silky scarf things. Real men just cut the melanoma right off with a pocket knife if it dares to show up on their body.

12. Member
    Maybe if he had his headlights on he would have seen the trailer

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    You wouldn't last long in Canada; we can't shut our headlights off.
    And unless you knew they intentionally left their lights on so it would blind others (too stupid to not stare into headlights), then what you said was completely uncalled for.
    If you can't offer advice nicely, then say nothing. Your hateful approach could end badly for you one day.
    It's not about intentional, it's about commone sense. You turn your headlights off and use your parking lights, while backing down the ramp, makes it difficult to see if your backing down. what kinda vehicles do you drive up there that you can't turn the headlights off?

One way to save gas.on way home I reckon lolo

15. Banned
    It's not about intentional, it's about commone sense. You turn your headlights off and use your parking lights, while backing down the ramp, makes it difficult to see if your backing down. what kinda vehicles do you drive up there that you can't turn the headlights off?
    2014 GMC; auto-on headlights.
    All vehicles have daytime running lights by law; there is no "off".
    And the proper response to someone that is perceived to not have your level of "common sense" is to curse at them??? A civil conversation doesn't cut it anymore?

16. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    And the proper response to someone that is perceived to not have your level of "common sense" is to curse at them??? A civil conversation doesn't cut it anymore?
    2007 GMC and my Auto-on lights does have an "Off" position, and there is also a position for park lights. bet yours does too. Both will kill the daytime running lights. Ramp courtesy during launching in the dark dictates turning your lights off or to "park" while backing and launching so you don't blind the fisherman trying to back down the ramp next to you.

17. Banned
    Same here with the daytime running lights and yes there is an off switch for the actual headlights, my neighbor has the same vehicle you do and I just checked his out and his turn off, in fact he had them off when I unloaded next to him at the ramp this morning in the dark. And where did I say anything at all about cursing anyone? That's some more of that twist the words around stuff you do in the lounge.

18. Banned
    Same here with the daytime running lights and yes there is an off switch for the actual headlights, my neighbor has the same vehicle you do and I just checked his out and his turn off, in fact he had them off when I unloaded next to him at the ramp this morning in the dark. And where did I say anything at all about cursing anyone? That's some more of that twist the words around stuff you do in the lounge.
    I'm just saying that cursing a guy out at the boat ramp for leaving headlights on is not necessary or appropriate. That was intended for the OP. Now, if you tell them nicely and they blow you off, then all bets are off.
    Both my 2011 and 2014 GMC's will turn the headlights on in the dark as soon as it's put in gear, even if it's in the "parking lights" position. There is no "off" position on the headlight switch; it might be a Canadian market only thing. If it's daylight, the running lights will come on as soon as you put it in gear, and again, there is no "off".

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

20. Banned
    I will say that when we're waiting in line along the road for an early morning tournament launch, we can turn the switch to a momentary "off" position that flips back to "auto", and the headlights will stay off if in park.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast