Banned

Yearly maintenance for 2004 50hp ELPTO motor

Im pretty sure my mechanic replaced my fuel lines last october...not sure about spark plugs. Any way to check? it still starts fine lol

Ive "hot soaked" with seafoam a few times. Just replaced the lower unit oil. What else should I do, or keep an eye on?

Looking for people with these smaller 2-strokes whove just done good maintenance and had their motor running a nice long life. Let me know. Thanks.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Look at the work order for Parts Detail of what was installed. Any reputable shop will supply this type of detail.

Spark plugs, gear lube, fuel filter, grease pivots, inspect lines/bulb, inspect oil injection system/lines, inspect prop, grease propshaft, remove gearcase and grease driveshaft splines (best to replace water pump while you're in there), and of course, test run to confirm proper operation.

Good idea to have all of the Sync-n-Link settings checked every few years.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor