Nitro Boat Certificate For Bassmaster Open Win

Has anyone won a Nitro boat certificate before? I won a certificate for a Nitro Z18/Mercury 150hp ProXS and I am having no luck whatsoever. It appears I have two options, redeem the certificate for the boat and receive the boat or sell the certificate....but I'm bound selling the certificate back to an authorized dealer. The certificate also expires in 90 days. I've not made any progress trying to sell the certificate up to this point and BPS Corporate pretty much told me I'm on my own, and good luck. Anyone have any contacts of an authorized dealer that may be interested in this certificate?

Selling it to a dealer would have to be below there cost. I would be looking at non BPS dealers as they may be more willing to buy.

Some of these boat awards are ridiculous. This is not as bad as I have heard of from other trails.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    ​Redeem it and sell the boat?

4. Member
    What are you asking for the certificate?

Why not just take delivery of the boat and then sell it before you even turn the key?
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender8 View Post
    Why not just take delivery of the boat and then sell it before you even turn the key?
    He would have to register it within so many days, and pay tax. depending on the state.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    The only way would be to buy the boat with the final purchaser picking out the options wanted, then sell it to them. The problems would be having to pay the sales tax on the boat (possibly get the buyer to cover), the buyer would then have to pay it again on the "used" boat purchase, and the buyer will end up being the second owner of the boat.

8. Member
    The taxes would depend on the state you live in.

9. Member
    Could someone buy certificate for a agreed upon price then use certificate for full value against another model (z19-z20) at BPS or Cabelas?

I do believe so
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by 2boatjoe View Post
    The taxes would depend on the state you live in.
    In the past I have heard of this. upgrading to a bigger boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

12. Member
    How much are you asking for the certificate??

13. Member
    Sell the Cert for 3/4 the price heck it was free to you anyway. Make what you can before you get nothing or get the boat made and then sell it. I know you would have to pay taxes but you would still come out way ahead in the long run then getting nothing.

I bought a Cert from a guy in 2009 and how I got my z7. I bought the cert for 18k boat was a 25k value at that time.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

The certificate is not worth the boat’s MSRP. The dealer determines the worth by how much the dealer pays for the boat. This is an issue if you’re upgrading as the dealer will only credit so much. Tax, freight, rigging, dealer prep, document fees, etc...are all extra. In addition, few dealers want a certificate boat as there is little money to be made. You also miss out on any incentives such as free extended warienties, gift cards, etc... This is why certificates must be sold cheap to sell. It’s like the lotto, the cash option is easy but you get less.