Blinker trim - SeaStar vs. T-H Marine

Any opinions on the SeaStar (Teleflex) blinker trim control switch versus the unit from T-H Marine?

The SeaStar one seems to rotate with the steering wheel while the T-H Marine remains fixed. I think I would prefer one that moves with the steering wheel but wanted to see if anyone had experience or opinions first.

Thanks!
    Matt
    1991 Ranger 391V
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

None of the column mounted trim levers rotate with the steering wheel (SeaStar, T-H Marine, or UFlex paddle swithes). They all mount on the helm separate from the wheel.

You'd have to look at steering wheel mounted buttons/switches (like Dana Marine Products sells), but then you'll likely have a coil cord wrapping around the helm to contend with.

I just added the Seastar to my helm, and it worked out to be a very clean install. My boat is a 1994 Stratos, built in the same era as the 1991 Ranger in your signature. The reason this is relevant, is when I was installing my Seastar, I found the helm was made in a way to facilitate the wire to the steering wheel trim buttons (removed prior to me acquiring the boat) being completely concealed in the helm, so no coiled wire twisted around the helm as you turned the wheel. Point is, if you want the trim control to be fixed to the wheel as opposed to the helm, you might take your steering wheel off and see if you have a similar helm. Mine appeared to be made by Teleflex, which was pretty standard for the day.

4. Banned
    how bout these cool paddle switches

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=883692