Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've had a very strange experience with Bullet

Last November I bought a 2016 XRS from Lawrenceburg Marine. Last week while fishing I used my Liveweel after draining it I attempted to close the remote drain and the actuator arm broke. I knew that T&H Marine has discontinued making these valve due to worn tooling. I called Tom at Bullet and he told me they are no longer putting remote drain valves in Bullets. He told me to simply get a rubber drain plug. He said that is what is coming in new Bullet boats. When I complained about that he said Phoenix and some other boat companies are doing it. I told him I thought a Bullet was a better boat than a Phoenix so I didn't understand the comparison. That seemed to make him mad. Well I told the good folks at Lawrenceburg Marine about my problem and they told me they would fix it. The replaced the valve and actuator with a Flow-Rite V-1 Valve and Actuator. When I asked what I owed them they said nothing. Do any of you find it strange that Lawrenceburg Marine is backing these boats better than Bullet? Bullet is already using a valve made by Flow-Rite in their recirculating system in new Bullets which allows you to use the pump to empty the livewell. If they would start from scratch Bullet could install a Flow-Rite V-3 system in new boats. With this system all of the functions done with 2 pumps in Bullets today could be done with one pump. It is a far superior system and is used in Allison boats. By doing away with one pump it shouldn't cost Bullet any more than what they are spending now and would yield a superior system. Flow-Rite's V-3 system circulates livewell water and blends in fresh outside water with it when it is put in automatic position and because of a check valve in this system it switches to pure recirculation when on plane.
    Bullet 21XRS w/ 250 ProXS & a little bling

I order to receive forgiveness, we must first forgive!

I like the flow rite auto system better than what I have in my Bullet. My last few boats had it. I think I may change to it in the future, If it will fit.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I like the flow rite auto system better than what I have in my Bullet. My last few boats had it. I think I may change to it in the future, If it will fit.
    I put their actuator/control knob whatever you want to call it in my livewell because the TH marine one broke. Mine is just open/closed like the TH marine one. The Flow rite control uses a smaller cutout than the TH marine and it took some engineering to get it to fit.

4. Member
    It’s not surprising to me that Lawrenceburg Marine is backwards my what they sell. They have a great reputation of taking care of their customers. I bought a used motor from them several years ago and it had issues after my warranty and they offered to fix it or refund my money and I didn’t ask them to do either.

5. Member
    My 2018 has the drain plug in it
    iam planing to install a cut off valve. Don't like getting wet
    dont know y Tom toll you that. He has always
    help me out for the last 20 yrs. weather my boat was new or used
    every body has a bad day. U cought he on his bad
    day. Call him back. And he will be in better mood. LoL

6. Member
    Ppl at bullet have always been very helpful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cbp84 View Post
    Ppl at bullet have always been very helpful to me.
    Same here. Everytime I’ve talked with Tom, he’s always been top notch.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

8. Member
    Mine quit working as well... installed a new one and it worked for about 2 months. Now I use a pvc threaded cap.. sucks getting my arm wet in the cold weather but idk what else to do

9. Member
    Mine on my 2016 broke, fixed it, it broke again, called Tom, he sent me another one, said they don't use that one anymore, said next time it breaks, we'll change it to the new setup. Tom has ALWAYS helped me with whatever I've needed, great guy, you had to catch him on a really bad day

10. Member
    I emailed him about mine... he said they check them before they leave and wasn’t much help to me

This is how I fixed mine with florite parts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1995 20XD 2013 250 proXS

Which valve is that you used ...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

SKU:
    MV-01-FN01 only thing is it is opposite of the original lever inside of the
    live well (direction)

1995 20XD 2013 250 proXS

Did you buy the actuator arm and the cable too ?
    www.ncboatguy.com

15. Member
    Actually in fixing mine Lawrenceburg Marine Used the V-1 Valve & Actuator and the cable off the T&H Marine setup. So a new cable wasn't necessary.
    Bullet 21XRS w/ 250 ProXS & a little bling

I order to receive forgiveness, we must first forgive!

new cable old lever inside live well
    1995 20XD 2013 250 proXS

17. Member
    Thanks for pulling your tank to show us how you fixed it!! Don't forget to get the little tube out before you put it back

18. Member
    I purchased a 20xdc brand new in 2007. Over the years I have had a handful of issues that I ended up talking with Tom about. I have always read how helpful he is here. He has NEVER been helpful to me and is usually downright rude. He has knowingly sent me parts that do not fit my boat (things such as under seat trays) and then tells me to "cut the boat to make them fit" and a return is not an option.

That’s the exact opposite of my experience and I bought a 3 year old used boat several years ago. He’s givin me plant tours at the last min, answered any/every question I’ve had, givin me a couple small boat items for free, if anything was ever shipped in correctly it was fixed to my satisfaction, helped me help a friend get a new 21XRD ordered, always returned my calls, the list goes on....
    www.ncboatguy.com

20. Member
    +1000^^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast