2 quick questions about opti fuel rail diaphrams

2008 Mercury OPTi max 90 hp… It wouldn’t idle. And I have found A familiar culprit… The fuel diaphragm was pinched in the cover. I pulled the air diaphragm as well for inspection. I noticed a lot of liquid that came out with the air diaphragm… As well as a mist that came out of the bike (schrader ) valve after i got it running and gave it gas (it did run). So here are the questions.
    1. What does it mean when you get a lot of water (i dont think its gas) coming out of your “air side” diaphram area?
    2. My neighbor has a fuel rail off of a 200 opti. Will those air/fuel diaprams work in my 90?
    The outside covers seem to measure the same size, hes giving me the fuel rails...could i be that lucky?

2. Member
    My neighbor actually has a 225 Fuel rail

3. Member
    I would not put used parts in my fuel rail. Please try posting in the Mercury forum (2 above this one) as your 90hp is 1.5L engine. Please include your engine serial number when posting.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    Sorry. I have too. Im on a budget. Cant afford 1200 for new fuel rail

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Don’t have to buy a new fuel rail...

www.integrityinjection.net/injectorservice.html

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    I was able to use the diaprams from the 225 opti. Fired it up. Ran great!

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Be sure to verify the air-fuel pressures.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor