Question Spot-Lock keeps kicking off??

Last week when I was on Guntersville, I would hit the spot-lock and several seconds later it would beep and spot-lock was off. Light and all...it did this several times. Any input guys??

2018 Cougar FTD/V8 250 Pro XS
    Colin Maple, Ft. Wayne IN
    IRONHEAD JIG Co. EST 2010

Check to make sure that nothing is binding the pedal... like the pull cable handle, or the cable sleeve from the pedal to the motor. Anything that obstructs the pedal from free movement will disengage spot lock. Also, if the head gets in a bind due to a cable getting twisted around it too tight, it will disengage spot-lock.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassketcase05 View Post
    Last week when I was on Guntersville, I would hit the spot-lock and several seconds later it would beep and spot-lock was off. Light and all...it did this several times. Any input guys??
    Check all your cables and make sure there is enough slack in them for the motor to turn. This happened on my Ultrex when it was new. I had an external DI cable installed at the factory and they didn’t leave enough slack for the motor to rotate and my cable snapped in half. After the cable wasn’t binding anymore my spot lock worked great!

I had nothing bound up or under the foot pedal...weird. Also, now that I think about it, the pedal acted like it was stuck a couple of times, after spot lock shut off randomly.

2018 Cougar FTD/V8 250 Pro XS
    Colin Maple, Ft. Wayne IN
    IRONHEAD JIG Co. EST 2010

Quote Originally Posted by bassketcase05 View Post
    I had nothing bound up or under the foot pedal...weird. Also, now that I think about it, the pedal acted like it was stuck a couple of times, after spot lock shut off randomly.
    You might call minn kota with your serial number and see if you have the early version. I'm on my 3rd one with the foot pedal lock up issue. Of course mine had never given me any warnings of it locking up. It just froze all of a sudden and never move! Remember if this happens to grab the remote and you should be able to continue to use the trolling motor.
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

wonder if the tention cable screw is to tight...maybe?

7. Member
    If you have an external transducer, make sure the cable is loose enough to allow the motor to freely turn. Make sure it's mounted in such a way as to not obstruct the pedal movement (I've seen recesses too close to the speed knob). The spot lock will kick off if the motor encountes any type of resistance. Also, look under the pedal and make sure any zip ties are turned where they don't stick up.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]