Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fastest Bassport Pro Times Ever

What are the fastest, verified speeds of a Bassport Pro with a 250 and what are the fastest verified speeds of one with a 300? For fun, I'll just say verified means at least 2 people on this board say they know it is true speeds that somebody posted or someone 2 guys on here would want to testify under oath on their behalf. That last statement may nullify everything! Also, I don't care if the boat is loaded or unloaded for the max speeds posted on this thread. LOL. Right now I have Johnny Johnson with a stock Sport 250 running 95.00, and Tim Powell running 99.8 with a 300 XS DBR/Alien cowl.

2. Member
    You won’t get the lid back on this can of worms Johnny. I have been saying for a long time we need a shoot out.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar

My BasSport 2+2 stock Sport 250 has ran over 95 during summer and winter testing with a couple different props with my best coming a week and a half ago @ 96.00. River Rocket was my chase boat on the last occasion. I have not done any testing with an unloaded boat as of yet, may try that one day but like to fish to much to hit the water stripped lol. I am still tinkering with setup and truly believe I have a little left loaded.
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    My BasSport 2+2 stock Sport 250 has ran over 95 during summer and winter testing with a couple different props with my best coming a week and a half ago @ 96.00. River Rocket was my chase boat on the last occasion. I have not done any testing with an unloaded boat as of yet, may try that one day but like to fish to much to hit the water stripped lol. I am still tinkering with setup and truly believe I have a little left loaded.
    It would appear so far that the 300 is only 3-4 mph faster with a "problematic" hole shot?

Quote Originally Posted by catfish123 View Post
    It would appear so far that the 300 is only 3-4 mph faster with a "problematic" hole shot?
    I'm thinking that is correct when I lay over I never see them on my smaller lakes lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

I'm thinking that is correct when I lay over I never see them on my smaller lakes lol
    Here we go again. Them be racing words.....
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

9. Member
    You boys need to bring your rigs up to the clouds and see how they run loaded to fish.

10. Member
    I've run in the 90's with a half loaded 250XS and with a Sport 250 but the ability to run loaded with a full load of men, water, and gear in a 250 is not the same as running with a 300 from what I am seeing in my latest boat. Fully loaded with my other 2 boats running a 250 I was mid 80's. With the 300 I'm at low 90's. I'd say more like 5-8 mph difference. Hole shot sucks on the 300's for sure compared to a 250. But that is not the question in my post. What have you seen speed wise! LOL. Stir it up and lets go boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I've run in the 90's with a half loaded 250XS and with a Sport 250 but the ability to run loaded with a full load of men, water, and gear in a 250 is not the same as running with a 300 from what I am seeing in my latest boat. Fully loaded with my other 2 boats running a 250 I was mid 80's. With the 300 I'm at low 90's. I'd say more like 5-8 mph difference. Hole shot sucks on the 300's for sure compared to a 250. But that is not the question in my post. What have you seen speed wise! LOL. Stir it up and lets go boys!
    Johnny I have never tried to run a big wheel and air out mine with a passenger for safety purposes. That being said I did run 90.3 with my 30 Promax this past Monday on Monticello which was in roughly a 1 mile stretch with a passenger and very little chop for extra help! I don't make a habit of running long distances with a passenger above 60-70 range. Mostly I wind up rolling a short stretch then 30-40 range till we arrive. Keeps my passengers feeling safe lol.
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

12. Member
    Johnny I have never tried to run a big wheel and air out mine with a passenger for safety purposes. That being said I did run 90.3 with my 30 Promax this past Monday on Monticello which was in roughly a 1 mile stretch with a passenger and very little chop for extra help! I don't make a habit of running long distances with a passenger above 60-70 range. Mostly I wind up rolling a short stretch then 30-40 range till we arrive. Keeps my passengers feeling safe lol.
    Honestly, I've never ran past 87 with a passenger either but that was in good water fishing a tournament. My boat was on a rail and felt awesome. If I had any doubts I would not do it either.

13. Member
    I don't push it with passengers either normally. I will say that a few weeks ago, I was in good clean water with me, my son and his partner and bumped it up to 85 going up river for just a short burst. Conditions were perfect and the boat felt like it was locked in on a rail. We had me (180#), Seth (165#), Brandon (150#), over 3/4 fuel, full livewell, 17 rods/reels, cooler of waters, all of our tackle and rain gear. I honestly thought that was pretty solid for a 250. The boys are lightweights for sure but I actually had another bump or two on the hydro plate to come up but as I said, I wasn't pushing.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

14. Member
    Joe, your boat is without a doubt the sweetest running boat I've ever owned. It was a joy to drive and would flat blow some hair back.....assuming a person had some which I don't. LOL

15. Member
    Johnny is that what happened to the hair?

Johnny Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by atcje View Post
    Johnny is that what happened to the hair?
    LOL

Guess I am still slow since I have hair!
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

17. Member
    That's why I've held off on getting the 300...

Johnny Johnson

18. Member
    Joe, your boat is without a doubt the sweetest running boat I've ever owned. It was a joy to drive and would flat blow some hair back.....assuming a person had some which I don't. LOL
    That's because I set it up while Powell watched. �� Woody

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody22 View Post
    That's because I set it up while Powell watched. �� Woody
    Yes you did! LOL

20. Member
    Well I don't have any hair either, at least it doesn't create drag
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast