It's that time of year, getting the urge......

But damn, just snowed 18" in the last 26 hours.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

I just spent this past weekend skiing up in Vermont...best ski conditions I've ever experienced....but it does suck if your itching for some boating and fishing....
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

3. Banned
    Dang! We’ve had a very mild winter this year and I’m thankful.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post
    But damn, just snowed 18" in the last 26 hours.
    Man, that would suck!! Grass is finally starting to green up and the fruit trees are blooming around here.. Supposed to be in the mid to upper 70s for the next 10 days, with a few in the lower 80s ... I'm ready to break out the shorts

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Dang! We’ve had a very mild winter this year and I’m thankful.
    I live about 200mi north of Grout and it's been a cold bitch here this winter. More sub-freezing days than I care to remember in a long time. We always have our last freeze a few days either side of Easter. And you know it's over when the Mesquites start putting on leaves.
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 03-14-2018 at 09:14 AM.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Man, that would suck!! Grass is finally starting to green up and the fruit trees are blooming around here.. Supposed to be in the mid to upper 70s for the next 10 days, with a few in the lower 80s ... I'm ready to break out the shorts

I live about 200mi north of Grout and it's been a cold bitch here this winter. More sub-freezing days than I care to remember in a long time. We always have our last freeze a few days either side of Easter. And you know it's over when the Mesquites start putting on leaves.

Lol, I bet Ed feels bad for us! We have only had 2 spells this year where is was lower than 30 for more than an hour or 2. But I will say one thing, living here in the summer is awful.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    But I will say one thing, living here in the summer is awful.
    Yeah, we,re not quite as humid as you are even though we're less than 300' higher in elevation. It does get plenty hot here though. Think it was in June, 2011 we had 10 days or better above 100°. My wife's sisters both live in the Austin area and it can be pretty rough when we go there in the summer time as well.

7. Member
    Lol, I bet Ed feels bad for us! We have only had 2 spells this year where is was lower than 30 for more than an hour or 2. But I will say one thing, living here in the summer is awful.
    I think we have had two when it was above 30. Hot & Humid is no party either......Our official heat wave is 3 consecutive days of 90 or above.
    Ed R.

8. Banned
    Hang in there Ed, it won’t be long until that groundhog makes it’s debut and brings you some spring weather.

9. Member
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    dlewis...I am jealous. Used to ski VT, NH, NY often, and twice got to Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    dlewis...I am jealous. Used to ski VT, NH, NY often, and twice got to Colorado.
    Lea, I only took up skiing because my youngest son who is in 9th grade wanted to try snow boarding. This is my 3rd year skiing. I'm still somewhat a novice, but getting better every year. Vermont is beautiful up on the mountins, and great skiing. I can only imagine Colorado. ..some day I'm sure my son will want to go.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

12. Member
    OK, at the risk of dating myself, the last time I was skiing VT, NH was in the winter of 1967-68. Just before I entered the Service, August of '68. That was a while ago.
    Ed R.

13. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Used to love snow and skiing! Would probably fall down the mountain now.