Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Possibly going to the lead sled team...

Good evening gents. I love my Astro. Lots of room and fishes great. But lately I have had the itch to get a newer boat and can afford it. If I don't I feel I will need to rebuild or re-power in the next few months. I put $2500 in glass repairs to bottom of hull and inside the transon/bilge area last year and just don't want to put anymore $$ in this boat.

So I am looking at a 2014 Z119C with a 225SHO. My first Ranger. The boat is 5 hours away from me. If we make a deal I will be driving 5 hours with check in hand. Can walk away from the deal. Unfortunately there are no bass boat dealers anywhere within 2 1/2 hours that sell Rangers so can't sit in one to see how I fit.

Tell me reasons why I shouldn't do this?

I really like my Astro and like you have dumped a bunch of money in upgrades to it so far since I got it with just improvements. Electronics, hot foot, recessed TM tray and so on. I love the room it has in it, fishes great rides good runs good. But with that said if I was in a position like yourself where you can afford to upgrade, me personally I wouldn't hesitate. I'm not that brand loyal other than to my pocketbook.
    the Z119c are awesome boats.

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Thanks Luke. I'm waiting on hull id and motor serial #s now. Not being super familiar with the Ranger I have had someone tell me it doesn't look like a 14, but possibly a 2012 or 13. If that's the case will be a straight pass.

But yeah, my boat fishes great. Currently rigged out with a Merc EFI. I would think a new Pro XS would give me a little m ore power and possibly better range as well. I wish those new 200 four strokes were available and might go that option. Going 70 isn't that big of a concern for me anymore. But topping at 55 is killing me.

4. Member
    you will fit just fine in that boat. it's not going to be fast but if it appeals to you, be happy.

The 200 4S will be available in a couple of months from the rumors I hear on the Merc board
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

6. Member
    Man if you can find a good boat at a good price that you like, go for it. The ranger is somewhat of a sled but a dang good all around boat. Good luck with it.

7. Member
    Billy, Who has the boat. I am just South of Atlanta and call go look at it......Send you some pics.....The vin will tell you what year it was made but not what year it was sold......John... PM if you need something