Shorten Ultrex pull cable

Is there any way to shorten the pull cable on an Ultrex?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahala View Post
    Is there any way to shorten the pull cable on an Ultrex?
    Yes..it tells you how to do it in the manual..cable has a barrel lock on the end with two set screws in it..loosen the screws slide the barrel to desired length and tighten the set screws back down then cut off excess cable..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

3. Member
    Thanks Triton. I thought the manual did, but didn't see it last night when we were doing some maintenance on the boat. I must have been more tired than I thought. I will re-read the instructions again.

4. Member
    The way they tell you in the manual is crazy, taking the whole unit back off, just depoly it halfway like it the picture, mine will stay like that but you can prop or tie it up, push the cord back in and the end with the allen head set screws will come right out and you can make the adjustment you need. You also dont need to cut the excess, it will tuck in mount if you decide you want to adjust it back the other way later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is super helpful....thanks very much!

I read the instructions in the manual which are so ridiculous and I was contemplating embarking on the entire disassembly before I saw your post LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by blown67 View Post
    The way they tell you in the manual is crazy, taking the whole unit back off, just depoly it halfway like it the picture, mine will stay like that but you can prop or tie it up, push the cord back in and the end with the allen head set screws will come right out and you can make the adjustment you need. You also dont need to cut the excess, it will tuck in mount if you decide you want to adjust it back the other way later.

Great tip! I want to shorten mine as well!
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

7. Member
    THANK YOU!!! I need to shorten mine as well and was discouraged by the directions so I put it off. Glad I did!
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66