Finally got fit and bought new irons.

Ended up going to golftec and had a very good fitting experience. After hitting 6 different irons it came down between the mizzuno jpx900 forged and the ping I 200. Ended up with the pings because I felt I hit them just a little better than the mizzuno. It was a hard decision as both look and feel wonderful. I had a no pressure fitter that made the experience worth it. Would highly recommend golftec.

Golftech has been pushing their commercials lately on all the golf telecasts. There is one locally near me that's been there for a long time but I never knew anyone who has gone there. They either go to Golf Galaxy or Club Champion.
    Good to hear you had a good experience with them.

Speaking of Pings, a good friend of mine has a 5 year old set of Pings (I forget the model). He told me the other day he called Ping to talk to them about his clubs because he was missing swing weights on the back of 2 of the irons. The Ping tech guy emailed him a Fedex label to have the whole set sent back to them. My friend sent the clubs on their way and within 7 days he had his clubs back. All new swing weight if they were needed, the grooves re-grooved and the clubs re-paint filled. He spent 0 money.
    He said he couldn't believe it. Said it was the best customer service he had ever experienced.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

3. Member
    That is nice to know. With the $$$$ of new clubs I plan on playing these awhile.

Enjoy those new irons...and a good fitting experience just adds to the enjoyment. If you do not mind me asking, what shafts did you get?
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

5. Member
    Kbs stiff 118g