Steering Torque when trimmed all the way out

Hey guys, I am getting steering torque when trimmed out at wot, turning high 6100's. would I need to go up or down with motor and would going up help with not having to use so much trim, right now I have 7 dots showing from the top of the jackplate, that's where it came from the dealer. Thanks

2. Member
    Go down, but that also means less rpms and maybe less speed. You need all that trim you can get. If your numbers are good then you can deal with it. Also a lower running prop like a Tempest instead of the T1 will reduce that steering torque. You may sacrafice some speed depending on how heavy you run.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    Go down, but that also means less rpms and maybe less speed. You need all that trim you can get. If your numbers are good then you can deal with it. Also a lower running prop like a Tempest instead of the T1 will reduce that steering torque. You may sacrafice some speed depending on how heavy you run.

I second the comment about the Tempest/T1 comparison. Just went from a 27T1 to a 27 Temp+ B&B'd by Mark. Significant difference in steering torque and about 3 MPH improvement in top end. The T1 is going to Mark for the same treatment
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

4. Member
    $25 part from Bob's Machine. Try it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

5. Member
    What is it and what did it do?

6. Banned
    Bump the trim down once or twice and torque will go away. The sho and hpdi lower unit already has a torque tab on the skeg.

I see threads on here all the time about engine height, steering torque, trim, rpms, top end, etc, etc, etc. Most of these problems can be solved with a hydraulic jackplate. I refused to take delivery on my ZX225 until it had a Bob's on the back. To this day, I haven't experienced any of the aforementioned issued that weren't solved by the blinker switch behind my steering wheel. Just saying...
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225