Flippin rod blank

Looking for flippin rod blank recommendations, cost is no issue. Would like something 7 ft 6 in to 8 ft. 2 piece 1/4 to 3/4 oz lure wt 30 to 50 pound braid line wt. Thanks for any help.

2. Member
    The 2 piece part is what's gonna be tough for a legit flip blank. I know Phenix makes a higher end flip blank that is telescoping...Super Flipper...I haven't built or even held one though.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    The 2 piece part is what's gonna be tough for a legit flip blank. I know Phenix makes a higher end flip blank that is telescoping...Super Flipper...I haven't built or even held one though.
    I will take a look at that one. I am going to try the Batson SWF967F and the Rainshadow BP 1024. I am thinking of chopping 6 inches off the BP blank. My boat lockers will hold nothing longer than 7 footers.

4. Member
    A typical telescoping flip stick will fit for sure. They're usually maybe 6'6" tops when collapsed. I don't mind fishing them honestly, seems that they aren't as popular anymore. I used to have a bunch but since I got a bigger boat the only one that I still use regularly is an old Shikari.

I looked around a little. Besides the Phenix, there's a Croix SCIII 3C710HMF...I've got a couple in my shop too, I'm pretty sure they're RX7's...green, you can have one if you want to try it. I bought them cheap because they were discontinued.