2013 Nitro z9 Fiberglass trailer fender problems

I have a 2013 z9 that the fiberglass fenders are wore out and looking to see if anyone has tried to replace with steel fenders? Or maybe any other Solutions out there

what do you mean wore out?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    The plywood that is sandwiched in between the fiberglass is rotted where the fenders bolt onto the trailer

I assume u mean the wall between the boat and tires on the inside of the trailer fender. Could you not just re cut a new piece and glue on new carpet. It would be a project but doable. Might require the boat to be off the trailer too.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I don't have a 2013 but a 2004 tandem with fiberglass fenders. When the plywood started to show signs of failure, I bought some thin sheet metal, used the wood as a template. Riveted the sheet metal to the fenders & used screws to the frame, if I remember correctly. That was 8 years ago & my carpet still looks new. The wood & carpet hold water which eventually causes both to rot. With this the metal obviously doesn't hold water ( no signs of rust either) & the carpet drains & dries very fast. I primed both sides then painted both sides black. Might not be the best solution but it seems to work very well. Just looking at the trailer, you wouldn't know it was metal there. Loads perfect, never a problem. Might work for you but as I said, I don't have a 2013. Just a thought but hell of a lot cheaper in the long run.
    Cheers

Went out to the garage & looked at mine. I used screws & nuts to bolt it to the fender. Overlapped the carpet on the sheetmetal to back side of the bolt holes. And still looks great.