Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I don't know anything about it except its supposed to be unveiled at the Bassmaster Classic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO

2. Member
    Saw those pics on FB this morning. I actually found out about Sea ark not too long ago and really like what I see. It’s just not setup the way I want so I’m interested to see what they release at the classic.

It seems the tin game is getting pretty strong these days.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    Saw those pics on FB this morning. I actually found out about Sea ark not too long ago and really like what I see. It’s just not setup the way I want so I’m interested to see what they release at the classic.

It seems the tin game is getting pretty strong these days.
    I agree. I've never been impressed with Sea Ark in the past, but this one looks a lot different. I guess I wasn't aware Sea Ark was owned by Correct Craft, who also owns Bass Cat .

4. Banned
    Here is some interesting info about the Vexus Advantages...

https://vexusboats.com/advantages/home/

5. Banned
    I don't know fellas...they look nice but I think Id still buy the Xpress over the Vexus... They look good in green though.

I like the way it looks, wheres the price tag though lol
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    I like the way it looks, wheres the price tag though lol

mid 50s with a 150. believe xpress is safe on the larger models.
    im sure much nicer boat in some areas but give me a 200 and
    70 mph any day. all the marketing in the world will not increase mph.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKER2702 View Post
    mid 50s with a 150. believe xpress is safe on the larger models.
    im sure much nicer boat in some areas but give me a 200 and
    70 mph any day. all the marketing in the world will not increase mph.
    Not trying to be a smart ass but it seems like they built it SOLID and heavy for what it is...kinda like a Ranger. Again...not trying to stir up anything just sayin' this thing could be called the "Ranger" of tin boats. Its very solid and well made with attention to comfort and fishability...speed was further down on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    Not trying to be a smart ass but it seems like they built it SOLID and heavy for what it is...kinda like a Ranger. Again...not trying to stir up anything just sayin' this thing could be called the "Ranger" of tin boats. Its very solid and well made with attention to comfort and fishability...speed was further down on the list.
    I thought the same thing, not stirring up anything sir. Just stating an opinion... you're not in the tin forum on this one, no one is going to get irrationally butthurt hahahaha

11. Member
    Does anyone know why Xpress is the only mass produced company to offer 19ft tin boat that's rated for 200hp?

So on the Vexus board it was said the boat for the on the water videos ran mid to upper 50's. So probably 55 gps after its loaded with gear,gas,batteries, and tackle would be my guess.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winghunting View Post
    Does anyone know why Xpress is the only mass produced company to offer 19ft tin boat that's rated for 200hp?
    Can't say for sure, but I know xpress is usually made from .125 thick aluminum and I think most of the others brands are .100

I think that has a good bit to do with it
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    I thought the same thing, not stirring up anything sir. Just stating an opinion... you're not in the tin forum on this one, no one is going to get irrationally butthurt hahahaha

So what I hear you sayin is I should post this in the Tin Boat Forum?? Good idea...copy/pasting now.
    Last edited by Original Tin; 03-16-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post

So what I hear you sayin is I should post this in the Tin Boat Forum?? Good idea...copy/pasting now.
    It would at least make for a good laugh

16. Member
    The sea arc proto at the show was .125 it was a tank. If your over six foot you'll have to sit side saddle to drive it. No way your legs go under that consol. Top speed is 61 empty the rep said.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winghunting View Post
    I was told "it competes with a companies price point too directly with their 'less expensive' fiberglass line". I was told this by Ranger Reps when they were either at the Bassmaster's Classic on L. Hartwell/Greenville back in 2015 or possibly when FLW was at L. Murray/Columbia for their championship back in like 2014.

That was also when I told Ranger that they needed to put a pad hull under their aluminum and the Rep said "Never ....... it would raise price and aluminum boats get no advantage over a pad". I explained to him that he REALLY needed to go ride in an Xpress or old Triton Magnum before he keeps spouting that sentence about 'no advantage'. Then 1-2yrs later Ranger came out with that pad hull center console.

With all that said, I still believe they limit HP due to the price point (both consumer market and competition within their own models).
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    I was told "it competes with a companies price point too directly with their 'less expensive' fiberglass line". I was told this by Ranger Reps when they were either at the Bassmaster's Classic on L. Hartwell/Greenville back in 2015 or possibly when FLW was at L. Murray/Columbia for their championship back in like 2014.

That was also when I told Ranger that they needed to put a pad hull under their aluminum and the Rep said "Never ....... it would raise price and aluminum boats get no advantage over a pad". I explained to him that he REALLY needed to go ride in an Xpress or old Triton Magnum before he keeps spouting that sentence about 'no advantage'. Then 1-2yrs later Ranger came out with that pad hull center console.

With all that said, I still believe they limit HP due to the price point (both consumer market and competition within their own models).
    This is my thoughts on it as well...

I don't agree with it, because it would just give more options to the consumer and result in more purchases overall but what do I know

I went to the classic expo on Saturday and had the attention of three of the Vexus boat guys. I commented on how the transom bracing was as good or maybe even a little better than my Xpress. They went to bragging on how well built their boats are and I when I asked why they did not hang a 200 on the back like I have on my X19, they all got tight lipped and walked away. From what I seen, I believe that their 19 foot boat could easily handle a 200 maybe even a 225. I was impressed with the compartment layout and the console area feels shallow. Oerall I think this will be a decent boat.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

20. Banned
    I agree with you but even with a 225 I don't think a Vexus will run with your Xpress and a 200. Their pad design doesn't seem to generate that much lift in the vids I've seen...the Xpress hulls seem to lift much better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast