Thread: Lews/Winn Grip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lews/Winn Grip

Is it just me or does this seem like a total rip, 1 grip for $16.99. You have got to be kidding me.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lews_...cpage-PHK.html

2. Member
    seems high to me also--guess it depends on how bad someone wants to change knobs to decide if it is worth the price or not

3. Member
    was considering replacing reel knobs on a bunch of my Lews, but not going to happen at 16.99 a pop. I thought $8 to $10 would have been a better price
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

4. Member
    $16.99 it better be 1 pair instead of 1 knob
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

5. Member
    They can't really be worth more than about $1...they will give better stuff away FREE at the Classic. Totally insane

6. Member
    I was going to do just my flipping rods because the grip does feel good and it is an improvement, but not worth that...i'll use pine tar

7. Member
    When the Classic was in Birmingham a few years back, I asked one of the Lews representatives at the Expo whether they might make the Winn grip knobs available for purchase. He said it was under consideration at the time and asked what I would think would be a fair price. I told him $9.99 max. Guess my opinion didn't carry much weight.....lol
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

8. Member
    I like the Winn knobs on my custom and custom pro... I was going to buy some for my other lews reels until I went and saw the prices.

9. Member
    That’s actually cheaper than a lot of aftermarket knobs on the market.

Go look up RCI or Megabass knobs. Or if you want to really
    Complain, go look at Livre knobs.

You’re complaining about a total for $36 for two knobs that will add comfort to your day. Just buy them and be happy.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    That’s actually cheaper than a lot of aftermarket knobs on the market.

Go look up RCI or Megabass knobs. Or if you want to really
    Complain, go look at Livre knobs.

You’re complaining about a total for $36 for two knobs that will add comfort to your day. Just buy them and be happy.
    I totally missed that $16.99 was for one knob so actually $36 for a pair
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

11. Member
    Bet I wont get more bites with those special knobs, don't see any real value for the price. I mean $36 is two racks of busch light.

For $16.99, it should be two knobs, and they should be already mounted on a carbon fiber handle. Too many fishermen pay no attention to their spending, IMO. When I look at the price of soft plastic lures, I'm always figuring out the price per each. Anybody else do this? More than $.50 each is likely going to remain on the store's pegboard.

13. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    I like them, have switched out 5-6 reels. Have kept originals as well if I change my mind.
    I changed a couple rod grips out with the winn on the Gen 1 Cumara and really like them.
    Clean and maintain and they seem like they will be fine.

if anyone has some to trade or get rid of I would be interested.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

I guess it's just me, but I love the paddle handles.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I guess it's just me, but I love the paddle handles.
    Not just you man,, i had a reel with the Winn grips and did not take me long to change em out to the paddle knobs ,,, hated the Winn grips

16. Member
    I will admit that the paddle grips are better for power fishing techniques... however when it came to jig/ Texas rigged/ flipping style techniques, on several occasions my fingers have slipped off the paddles on hooks sets. The Winn grips fixed that issue.... for me anyways..

17. Member
    $36 for two grips is still money well spent if it adds any comfort to you.

And there is no way you will get two of those knobs with a CF handle for $16. The cheapest option you’ll probably find for Winn grips and a CF handle is a hawgtech option which is still close to $80.

And for you complaining, my Livre knobs are like $70 (for 2) alone. They were on the reel when I purchased them but man are they comfortable. I didn’t think they would be but I’ve kept them on forever.

18. Im wishin I was fishin
    I put carbon fiber handles with cork knobs on 2 of my reels. I have 2 of the same rod and reel setups for cranking and after my buddy fell on one and broke the handle I got these of ebay for 24$ for 2 I really like them but I'm too cheap to do all my reels It was 30$ for the factory handle on an 80$ reel so I went that way.

19. Member
    I have the winn knobs on my Team Lew's Custom Pro. My factory knobs were getting worn, so I decided to upgrade to ones I knew I would appreciate. Small price to pay considering the price of that reel. Also the winn knobs at Hawgtech cost more than that, but I have them on several of my reels because of the feel and grip they provide.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Down4ttown View Post
    I have the winn knobs on my Team Lew's Custom Pro. My factory knobs were getting worn, so I decided to upgrade to ones I knew I would appreciate. Small price to pay considering the price of that reel. Also the winn knobs at Hawgtech cost more than that, but I have them on several of my reels because of the feel and grip they provide.

Glad to see someone gets it. This isn’t a necessity but if you want a little bit more comfort or yours knobs are
    Worn, it’s worth the cost to upgrade them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast