Is there any bite up shallow on Old Hickory right now? Water Temps?

Anyone know what the bite is like on Old Hickory right now, and if there is a shallow bite yet? Also what are the water temps main lake and in the creeks?

2. Member
    Was hearing 48-52 this past weekend. Not sure about bite. Haven't been in a while

3. Member
    Im perfectly in between Priest and the Hick but i always go to Priest fish a lot of tournaments there only fish the Hick very few times a year was just curious about it right now, crushed them out there this time last year.

4. Member
    Looking at Facebook some people are wrecking them while others struggle to get bit.
    Basscat!

5. Member
    Yes. Weekend before last blasted them in Cedar Creek on jerk bait and square bill, water was 53-55, 3’ depth zone. Last weekend water was 48-49, all dinks. All fish very light color indicative of newly arriving males to the shallows. I would suggest Barton’s or Bledsoe for now and let the lower end wait for a warming trend.

6. Member
    Milfoil around steam plant is bank.

7. Member
    If i fish the Hick i usually fish the Misty Cove to Spring Creek are or down by Shutes Branch area, last year found a bunch of bedding fish in the Shutes area, but always have good days in Misty to Spring area. I might try to get out there this weekend depending on how much rain we get Saturday.

8. Banned
    Anyone had any luck? It’s been a huge struggle for me lately.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sco-outdoorstr19 View Post
    If i fish the Hick i usually fish the Misty Cove to Spring Creek are or down by Shutes Branch area, last year found a bunch of bedding fish in the Shutes area, but always have good days in Misty to Spring area. I might try to get out there this weekend depending on how much rain we get Saturday.
    Love me some stump row and shell bed in Misty Cove

10. Member
    Found 54 degree water Sunday morning in the back of Cedar Creek. Caught a 5lb LM on a spinner bait, 2' depth round a dock and rocky bank. Caught several more smaller fish. They are on the move.