2006 EVINRUDE ETEC 225 HO

Having a problem lately outta my etec, after first initial start and run im having problems starting back up. heres how it usually goes, motor will crank but only a second or two before starter spins out. We squeeze primer bulb but its usually fairly tight and let it set for a couple mins and after 3 or 4 seperate crank times it catches up. but if you set and keep trying on the first time it never catches. We replaced the starter but that didnt fix it. thinking it has to be some kinda fuel delivery issue but wanted to see if anyone has had a problem like this before? any help is appreciated

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    When was the last time you cleaned the exhaust pressure sensor? When was the last time the plugs were checked and or replaced and indexed? Fuel filter replaced and VST filter replaced?

3. Member
    we changed and indexed the plugs in feb right before our season started, along with the fuel filter. to my knowledge the exhaust pressure sensor has never been cleaned. How would i go about doing that and where is it located, my engine is EvinrudeŽ Serial: 05120756 Model: E225DHLSDF

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It is on the starboard side of the adapter plate. You'll probably have to remove the starboard side belly pan to access it. Follow the hose up from the side to the EMM.

5. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    thanks guys, i really appreciate it. will try that after work and i ordered a new vst filter too just in case because i have never changed that either.