Hydraulic Helm Tilt question

Can the tilt mechanism from a NFB cable system be used with a hydraulic Helm pump? A friend has a hydraulic tilt helm that is missing the tilt mechanism. I am converting to hydraulic and wonder if I can save some money. My NFB is a teleflex and the hydraulic Helm is a seastar, I think those company's are one in the same now. Thanks in advance.

Brian

2. Member
    NFB systems are cables from a rack and pinion helm to a tube system mounted on the motor. All mechanical.
    A hydraulic system uses hoses and fluid to move the motor.
    Neither has anything to with the tilt system.
    No parts of either interchange except the steering wheel and motor.

3. Member
    I am familiar with the systems and how they differ and operate. I am not asking about the tilt and trim system of the outboard. I am referring specifically to the tilt portion of the helm only, they appear to look similar.
    Last edited by BCastillo; 03-13-2018 at 07:45 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCastillo View Post
    I am familiar with the systems and how they differ and operate. I am not asking about the tilt and trim system of the outboard. I am referring specifically to the trim portion of the helm only, they appear to look similar.
    O.K. then somebody that understands this issue can answer your question better. I have hydraulic steering which I installed after taking my NFB system out and don't have a trim on my helm.

5. Member
    **tilt... Thanks for taking the time to help.

6. Member
    TTT

7. Member
    Bump to the top

8. Member
    I gave up on trying to be cheap. I don't think what I was trying to do was possible. I ordered a sport tilt helm.

9. Member
    AAAH Tilt helm. I finally get it. I apologize for my ignorance. I had a Bass Tracker with a tilt helm. I doubt it would be a simple marriage of two different parts. Sorry.