HELP~! New Merc 115 and variable speed problem

I have a new Merc 115 ELPT on a new Nitro Z17. When I got it, it would do 50+ MPH. However, now, I get 40 mph some times, 50 mph sometimes and even 35 mph sometimes. It's not the speedo because my GPS records approx. the same speed as the speedo. Also, the RPMs vary between 3500 and 5000. I've only got about 20 hours on the engine and had the 20 hour service performed at 18 hours. When I brought it home from the service it did 53 mph on my first trip out but yesterday it would do only 40 mph. I have an appointment for another service on Monday the 19th but I have a tournament on the weekend before the service and am a little afraid to run it hard with this problem. Any thoughts? I called BPS but they just said I should bring it in to have the codes checked. The codes checked out clear at the service at 18 hours even though the problem was happening. The shop that did the service at 18 hours didn't want to delve into the problem because they don't want to do warranty work on a motor that wasn't bought at their shop. Thanks for any input! Serial # 2B489769

Bob

2. Member
    would be better to look in 4strk section
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    would be better to look in 4strk section
    ^^^^
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax