Pros and cons dual batteries

Ordered boat for one starting battery but it came in wired for dual battery. It has the p/s pump (pro verado) and couple grafs but wanting any good or bad info on this type set up from the guys that have. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prcntryboy View Post
    Ordered boat for one starting battery but it came in wired for dual battery. It has the p/s pump (pro verado) and couple grafs but wanting any good or bad info on this type set up from the guys that have. Thanks
    What boat, motor.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Banned
    Im interested in responses also. My new Polar Kraft came with a 4 battery system, with 2 of them for cranking outboard (Suzuki 140 four stroke) Also has other electronics hooked to one of the cranking batteries. Other 2 batteries are solely for TM.

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I'm going to guess that your dealers did you guys right because the norm seems to be to install a single Group 24 or 27 lead acid battery that will crank your motor at the start of the day but might not at the end of the day because you ran graphs and livewells all day. Solutions are to replace the Group 24/27 with a Group 27/31 AGM, add another battery to run just the electronics or add another battery to hook up parallel with the cranking battery.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

5. Banned
    Only con I can see would be the extra weight...if you consider that a con?? Otherwise...more power to ya!!

i think that verodos with power steering get a dedicated power steering battery
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    Lund with pro verado. I think that's what dealer said fishysam