Rapala Clakin Rap

I have quite a few of new Rapala Clakin Raps. I was debating selling them even though I would have a hard time replacing them since they are discontinued. If I were to sell what is a realistic price per bait?

Thanks for your help

2.20$
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I would not think that they could bring all that much. They were available dirt cheap on close out for a long time.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. Was thinking they weren’t worth much and not worth the time.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    2.20$
    If you want to sell them right away I'd say $5-$8 seems to be the norm. Closeout prices are going to be less because they are trying to clear stock. However, if you sit on them a while, you might be able to get $15-$20 a pop for them once most the major retails have sold out. There will always be the die hards who swear by certain baits that will pay through the nose to get their hands on baits they can't get anymore. I am one of them lol. I am still looking for the Strike King Chartreuse Blue Back Bottom Dweller Spinnerbaits lol

Your crazy, only thing they were good for was casting.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Your crazy, only thing they were good for was casting.
    Who's crazy about which? lol

Thinking they could bring in 15+$

9. Member
    I think we’re going to have to Agree to Disagree on this one. You’re right, they do cast great, but I’ve whacked some pretty decent SM on them, and I know plenty of other guys who do good with them too. So they do work, maybe just not for you. So I don’t blame you for not wanting to buy them. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad bait though.

There’s a lot of baits with limited application that were discontinued and now fetch a good penny on the collectors market. Will this bait do that? Maybe. Maybe not. But the way I see it this bait has a quality finish and components. Someone out there uses them. And in a few years when you can’t get them anywhere Retail, the price will go up on places like Ebay, Amazon etc when only limited numbers of them are available. They may not sell like hot cakes by any means, but limited availability almost always translates into the price of them going up. That's the difference between buying Retail and from Auction sites.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aric11 View Post
    I think we’re going to have to Agree to Disagree on this one. You’re right, they do cast great, but I’ve whacked some pretty decent SM on them, and I know plenty of other guys who do good with them too. So they do work, maybe just not for you. So I don’t blame you for not wanting to buy them. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad bait though.

There’s a lot of baits with limited application that were discontinued and now fetch a good penny on the collectors market. Will this bait do that? Maybe. Maybe not. But the way I see it this bait has a quality finish and components. Someone out there uses them. And in a few years when you can’t get them anywhere Retail, the price will go up on places like Ebay, Amazon etc when only limited numbers of them are available. They may not sell like hot cakes by any means, but limited availability almost always translates into the price of them going up. That's the difference between buying Retail and from Auction sites.
    Couldn't agree more. Pre rapala wiggle warts are a prime example of this.