Thread: 24 to 36 volt

24 to 36 volt

A friend has a 2006 201 Pro XL. He wants to go from a 24 volt trolling motor to a 36 volt. The question is, has anyone else done this, and how did you fit 4 batteries? He also bought a second 2 bank charger so he will have a pair of 2 bank chargers and needs to make those fit as well. Any suggestions will be appreciated and pictures would be great.
    Thanks

2. Member
    I'm not going to be of much help because I don't know the spacing of this particular model, I'm sure some one else will be along to explain how they did theirs. However, I have been in the same situation with a couple of different boats and can say with pretty good confidence that there is no blue print to make things perfectly. Just hope you get lucky, really. Typically what happens is the starboard side of most boats holds an oil tank and a cranking battery. The port side holds two trolling batteries. The center of the bilge area is open to the bottom with some sort of option to create a platform for that fourth battery that we're all trying to force in there. Some have a factory insert or tray that can help you, some have nothing amd you have to build your own solution.

Do you have a pic of his battery compartment you could post?

I have seen some pics of the 201 posted, but I have 4 in my 200 XL and don't think it will be a problem for you.

4. Member
    2 trolling motor batteries on the passenger side, 1 on the drivers side in front of oil tank. Cranking battery in the middle and on-board charger in front of that.

5. Member
    I have 2 on the pass side, 2 in the middle, charger by the oil tank. It's less than prefect...and not a square inch left in there...

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies, I’ll pass the suggestions along. Do you guys think that he will have the space to mount both chargers?

7. Member
    If need be the chargers can be mounted in a storage box.
    2000 STRATOS 20SS EXTREME
    2011 EVINRUDE ETEC 250 HO
    HELIX 10 AND 12 SI
    10' BLADES
    ULTREX/ I PILOT LINK
    HUMMINBIRD 360

8. Member
    I have four series 29 interstates and a MK440PC in mine. Cranking battery beside oil tank, charger and one battery in between the braces in the middle, and two on the port side. I posted some pictures a while back. I'll see if I can find them. Very tight but it can be done.

9. Member
    On my 02 20XL, I was able to fit 3 Trojan SC225s on the passenger side without the trays.

10. Member
    Is there a longer fill hose available? In case he has to move the oil tank.