Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    More targets for the bow fishermen. We saw a bunch of dead carp...big ones. My local friends said that the bow fishermen shoot them at night.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    Glad you're seeing dead carp.

Just curious, because we're in the middle of a move/selling our house I haven't been out yet this year...did y'all see any eelgrass or any kind of vegetation other than pads/gator grass?

Pads and gator grass was all we saw, except for a very few, very spare patches of heart.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I noticed in this years regs, that killing the grass carp are illegal in the lakes and rivers now. But hope bow fishing guys the best of luck!
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by santee bass View Post
    I have known several people who tried to get USGS contour maps of these lakes.I think there were maps available of Lake Moultrie but very little if anything on Lake Marion.I think this kind of goes along with the way the timber was cut in the lakes.The Lake Moultrie timber got cut & the workforce started cutting in some parts of Lake Marion but World War II started & the workforce had to go fight for our country & the mapping didn"t get done.This is my guess.
    USGS maps from 1920 for lake Marion. The first one I faded the USGS maps to see the lake. The last two are Lake Moultrie.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 Ranger 185 VS Mercury 175 EFI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12