any body compare a chronarch E7 vs a new curado k series

i have them both and i think the curado k series is better reel,smoother,cast better. any body else compare the two i know they are made different with k series has the newer updates in gears

I like everything about the K compared to the E , except the thumb bar and the fact that it's not made in Japan. How long a nylon worm gear last , we shall see...

3. Banned
    Im a snob when it comes to Shimano. Seems to me that I have not been satisfied with the build quality since the Es. Ill stick to their reels from 2009 and down. So far, none of them have failed me yet.

K is superior by far. Is it a Metanium? No. Dependability wise they have been very solid. I've seen one that had a small issue with a brake weight and that's it. I'm not a fan of the thumbar either but once I fished for several days it became a non issue. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

5. Member
    According to Shimano, their engineers spent a long time conducting research and testing for the right material with which they make the worm gear. It is some kind of a hybrid composition. Malaysia reels don't bother me since the crew there are all Shimano trained, in addition to Shimano Japanese technicians.

6. Member
    The new K's might be the smoothest reels I've ever used

7. Member
    Shimano needed a big comeback from the I series. Which I believe is one of the worst reels I have ever used. I now have (2) K's and it is night and day compared to the I.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

My biggest complaint when shimano moved forward from the E’s was the brake and spool adjustment. Many times I feel like I am in between settings and can’t get them dialed. I had 7G’s, 10i’s and the new K does feel really good but it’s the same braking system so I am jumping ship this year - will keep a couple of my metaniums though. If you like the brake setup now then in all other regards the K looks like a home run.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

9. Member
    I feel like the Curado K is a better reel than the Chronarch E but I also feel like Shimano needs to get a bit more refined with their adjustable braking. I've always been a Shimano fan but the new Daiwas I picked up are a bit more user friendly for fast, on the water adjustment in my opinion. The new K is a very very very solid reel though. A lot tighter tolerances than the Chronarch E.

10. Member
    Love the K Series got them towards the end of our Season up North in late November. I still have the E series in both Curado and Chronarch which I will not be getting rid of at anytime soon. Going to have to get five more K though love them that much.

11. Member
    seems like they are little harder to get tuned in but i really like them

I see several of the posts above mention difficulty dialing in the braking on the K. I have set mine and they are dang near backlash free in all but the stiffest head wind. I still use my Chronarch E7's but mainly for heavy application as the K is so much more refined, they get way more use. I have used every Curado made and the K is better then the D and E version which in my opinion "were" the best.

13. Member
    I had a D model for all of one or two days and returned it, cuz was not aware of it was heavier than the original Bantom B..... First impression of the K is it is definitely a nice real.... But the jury is still out because the E's can fling a lighter bait very far with zero issues, and are perfect to me in every way.... The K is excellent, but still have not concluded it is better than the E.

14. Member
    What's the issue with the thumb bar that I keep hearing people talk about? I have no issue at all with it.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

15. Member
    No isssue per se with the thumb bar it’s just the ergonomics aren’t as nice as the E models are. That being said the E does palm better in my hands even though the K has a more narrow left side plate it’s not as comfortable to me.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
    I had a D model for all of one or two days and returned it, cuz was not aware of it was heavier than the original Bantom B..... First impression of the K is it is definitely a nice real.... But the jury is still out because the E's can fling a lighter bait very far with zero issues, and are perfect to me in every way.... The K is excellent, but still have not concluded it is better than the E.
    I agree with this, I have only used my K one time and it seems difficult to dial in on a light bait (1/4 oz.), I believe that Shimano could have done a much better design with the cast control dial.

17. Member
    Maybe we should convince Shimano that the core was the best?

and it was 200$ more too.
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"