Thread: Z-19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Z-19

I’m strongly considering buying a used 2017 z-19 pro package with a 200hp Pro XS. It does NOT have a power pole but has the other pro package options. Other than that it sits on a tandem trailer with fiberglass fenders. My 2 main concerns are resale value down the road and the trailer. How are the new nitro trailers? I haven’t had good luck with the older ones. What would you say is a fair price to pay for this boat?

Selling mine for $36,900 with a Talon, and same or better options than that offered with the pro package... 44 hrs on motor... Might be a very good comparison for you...
    I have not had any problems with the trailer. But I do not consider the bunk boards or carpet on them to be of very good quality.... Something to consider... I have the metal fenders on a tandem axle, no rust, brakes work well, no problems....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

3. Member
    Your numbers are pretty close to this one then. It’s a few thousand less but no talon/pp and just the hds 7’s which I would replace. It seems like a good deal I just don’t want to overpay since resale isn’t quite as good with nitros in my opinion. Not bashing as I have one now. Any idea what the warranty would be to the second owner?

Quote Originally Posted by KMcClure View Post
    Your numbers are pretty close to this one then. It’s a few thousand less but no talon/pp and just the hds 7’s which I would replace. It seems like a good deal I just don’t want to overpay since resale isn’t quite as good with nitros in my opinion. Not bashing as I have one now. Any idea what the warranty would be to the second owner?
    I'm not sure, depends on what kind of warranty the first owner may have had. I believe the warranty on the hull is good for 10 years for the second owner and if he has a premier warranty plan that is transferable as well, normally lasts five years after the original purchase.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    Thanks for the info. Is there any way I can look up the available colors for 2017? The boat is black and green and I can’t tell if the black has a lot of flake in it or not. There is a z20 posted here for sale that looks like the same color scheme but not sure if they’re exactly alike since they are different boats

6. Member
    If its the black and green like mine the black has a lot of flake in it.
    Is it the factory colors.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    If its the black and green like mine the black has a lot of flake in it.
    Is it the factory colors.
    Ok cool that’s what I want

8. Member
    The pic online doesn't do the actual color and look any Justice

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    The pic online doesn't do the actual color and look any Justice
    Can you explain a little bit? Also how do you like yours

10. Member
    Hull warranty only transfers to 2nd owner and as stated I believe is 10 years. Mercury warranty will transfer also, you just have to fill out a request form once you own the boat. I believe it costs $100 to transfer engine warranty.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Fish View Post
    Hull warranty only transfers to 2nd owner and as stated I believe is 10 years. Mercury warranty will transfer also, you just have to fill out a request form once you own the boat. I believe it costs $100 to transfer engine warranty.
    Any idea how long the mercury warranty is? And is there an option to buy an extended warranty on the motor already being used? I never bought a newer boat

12. Member
    Any idea how long the mercury warranty is? And is there an option to buy an extended warranty on the motor already being used? I never bought a newer boat
    Standard factory warranty is 3 years. You can purchase Mercury Product Protection either gold or silver plans at anytime during the factory warranty period. Prices are negotiable, you can shop around Mercury dealers to see who will get you the best price on the length you want. The previous owner may have added MPP at purchase and transfers just the same as factory warranty.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Fish View Post
    Standard factory warranty is 3 years. You can purchase Mercury Product Protection either gold or silver plans at anytime during the factory warranty period. Prices are negotiable, you can shop around Mercury dealers to see who will get you the best price on the length you want. The previous owner may have added MPP at purchase and transfers just the same as factory warranty.
    Any idea on a ballpark price of the extended warranty? I’m going to look at the boat Sunday. If everything checks out I’m thinking I’m going to buy it. He did tell me the one seat is ripped on the bottom and that should be a warranty issue. He also said the carpet is faded more than it should be for a 2017. Not sure if warranty would do anything for that. Anyhow I figure I’ll just go see for myself

14. Member
    Any idea on a ballpark price of the extended warranty? I’m going to look at the boat Sunday. If everything checks out I’m thinking I’m going to buy it. He did tell me the one seat is ripped on the bottom and that should be a warranty issue. He also said the carpet is faded more than it should be for a 2017. Not sure if warranty would do anything for that. Anyhow I figure I’ll just go see for myself
    I highly doubt the carpet will be covered. Seat, maybe. Depends on who you talk to about it. Some will fix it, some will say it’s normal wear. Hope the issues get fixed and it’s everything you want it to be!
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

15. Member
    Price varies greatly. It cost me 1.3K to add the additional 2 years on top of the 3 he threw in for a total of 7 years covered.

Seat should be a warranty issue if its comming apart at the seams. If it looks like he ripped it with a hook or something else, it may not be covered because that wouldnt be a warranty issue. Carpet I am not sure, by fading does he mean color or its wearing thin? I cant see why either would happen so soon.

16. Member
    There is a carpet problem that never gets talked about for some reason. Many times the dark grey from Nitro has spots come in it and Nitro will replace all the carpet and pay the dealer for doing it. It happened on my 2017 Z19 and my friends 2015 Z9. Something bleads through the carpet and will not clean up. My dealer told me what was going on when I couldn’t figure out what was all over the carpet in my boat. They don’t broadcast this information but it gets taken care of no questions asked.

17. Member
    The black has a lot of sliver flake. The color is awesome but the green on the top and side is a flat gel. So it will show stuff easy. Really like mine had a few issues with the haul but they got fixed. To me the z19 feels no different than a z20.

18. Member
    How would I be able to tell if it has spots from some issue versus stains from the previous owner? He didn’t say exactly what it looks like, he just said it’s faded more than it should be. He also didn’t say where the seat is ripped, he just said on the bottom

19. Member
    How would I be able to tell if it has spots from some issue versus stains from the previous owner? He didn’t say exactly what it looks like, he just said it’s faded more than it should be. He also didn’t say where the seat is ripped, he just said on the bottom
    It will have dark stains usually in large spots. Anything that has been spilled can be cleaned up with something. Try a small spot with hand cleaner. As a last resort try a very small area with brake cleaner on a white rag. If the stain does not start coming clean then it is the factory screw up. Mine kept getting darker with time after they first appeared. Mine looked like someone layed a large diameter oily fence post across the deck. Dealer told me what was going on without even seeing it.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    It will have dark stains usually in large spots. Anything that has been spilled can be cleaned up with something. Try a small spot with hand cleaner. As a last resort try a very small area with brake cleaner on a white rag. If the stain does not start coming clean then it is the factory screw up. Mine kept getting darker with time after they first appeared. Mine looked like someone layed a large diameter oily fence post across the deck. Dealer told me what was going on without even seeing it.
    Thanks for the explanation. I’ll be sure to look for it Sunday. Hopefully he is over exaggerating about the condition. If all checks out I think I will get it this week. Was really leaning towards a basscat but I really like the layout of the new nitros. And the fact that I can get in a nearly new boat for the price of some older basscats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast