***Edit*** 2004 Johnson 175 High Idle

Had my motor rebuilt and at first the engine would drop Rpms when it warmed up, now it just stays at 1100 Rpms idle. Thermostat not working or does it just need to be re adjusted now that it’s been broken in? No other issues. Idles strong, runs strong. Just feel like it’s hard on my gear case to put it in gear at such a high idle. The Rpms drop to around 850 when in gear.

After doing ping some research I believe the higher RPMs is because of the QuickStart feature but it’s not dropping to correct RPMs when warm. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Jwrong; 03-13-2018 at 05:18 PM.

2. Member
    Edited

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Make sure the rebuilder didn't swap the leads on the temp sensor and the quick start wire on the port head, tan to tan and white/black to white/black. You can unhook the white/black wire and ground the wire on the engine side to see if it turns off. After grounding the wire and it doesn't come out of quick start your pack is bad. Also check and see if the shift interrupt switch on the starboard side has been hooked back up.

4. Member
    Got it figured out. Temp sensor wasn’t making a good connection in the block.