Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I talked to Ranger and they said it should not be a problem mounting directly to my transom with a talon. So I will be going direct and will keep everyone posted and try to take some pics also I'm going to use a stainless backing plate on it also .
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by jgoucher12 View Post
    Thinking about it more, If I used this setup as opposed to the motor jackplate, does it ultimately put the Talon further to the "left" (or right) than it would by using the motor jackplate? I am thinking if I have only one then I would want it as close to center as possible. Or deal with it for 1yr and buy another one next year.

Yes, you can place it where ever you want left or right/ close or far from the motor just make sure clearances are good with the motor turned and trimmed just to make sure.
    I went centered between motor and side of the boat because I knew I was only buying one talon. But I considered going as close to the edge of the boat with the theory that it would be stronger where the side of the boat acts like a knee brace, and would have done that if I were getting two so the wider footprint would resist spinning better with two anchors.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    finished installing bracket and Talon on the transom of my 1990 Ranger and let me tell you that thing is as solid as a rock .I choose the port side to compensate for when I fish alone and because recommended by Minn kota I'll try to include pics not sure if they will work but here goes Attachment 321784 Attachment 321785 Attachment 321786 Attachment 321787 sorry the pics are not straight took them with my IPhone
    Last edited by twitch; 04-11-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12