Anyone been to Wilson lately.

Wanting to go up there maybe this coming weekend. But not wanting to waste the fuel to just look and drive around the lake lol. Anyone know what the water temp is there.

2. Member
    I stopped at the Ellsworth Kwik Shop for coffee Sat. morning, A guy told me a few people he knows were going fishing, all the boats I saw heading to or on the water were Walleye boats, he also said the fishing was good, KDWP shows 37-40 water temp. I have had some good days in March there both from shore and boat, I might go up Thurs. and hit some spots from shore, Congrats to Halstead winning 3A State B-Ball, beat my Alma Mater, was a very good game to watch
    Last edited by John Br.; 03-12-2018 at 06:51 AM.

3. Member
    Can call Knotheads Bait an Tackle, they have a Facebook page as well. Last I checked a few stripers being caught out there. Be curious to see/know how the level of the lake is.

4. Member
    water level is good, KDWP shows .17 over pool, drove over dam sat, morning looks good, drove over Saline river north of Hays that afternoon and river is flowing good

5. Member
    Hey thanks. That was a pretty fun game to watch. Glad we made that shot at the buzzer cause I think we would have lost it in overtime.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfarm View Post
    Wanting to go up there maybe this coming weekend. But not wanting to waste the fuel to just look and drive around the lake lol. Anyone know what the water temp is there.
    Did you catch any ??

7. Member
    Never made it. Ended up staying around here and fishing a sand pit. Caught a bunch of little ones and lost one big one.

8. Member
    Water temp is 43 to 44 main lake probably warmer back west

9. Member
    I went there bank fishing last Thurs. only saw 3 carp, got no bites, I did see a couple crawdads digging out tho so that is a good sign

10. Member
    Was there a red ranger out there. I was there I think the day you are talking about and saw a couple guys bank fishing.

11. Member
    Anyone have a new report ??

Fishing has been good with some pretty big weights lately.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-C View Post
    Fishing has been good with some pretty big weights lately.
    Have you heard what techniques have been working ?? I was there a few weeks ago and tried shallow & medium running crankbaits with no bites

14. Member
    My wife showed me a Facebook post that Hill City has gotten 12" of rain and a picture of the Saline river flooding north of Ellis, Look out Wilson lake here it comes

I heard they were letting water out in anticipation of the new water coming in.

16. Member
    I saw that also from Knotheads