plug wire question for Don

Does anybody make a performance set of plug wires for CDM ignitions? If not, I could make my own, but what type of core do I need to use? They are going on a 225x motor and really want a colored set, specifically red, to dress it up. Thanks

2. Member
    Land & Sea used to make them. If you have a radio, you want to use the normal resistor type wires. If you are gung-ho you can go to a local high-performance shop for cars, such as SECO, and buy a good set of 8mm (or bigger) plug wires that are universal (you have to cut to length and add on the coil-side connector. I used to run a 2.5 with Land & Sea's ultra-high compression heads with two spark plugs per cylinder, and I used this approach to make mine. Looked nice and since you pick the length, it looks like it came from the factory except for the 12 coils hanging on the back. :)
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

3. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Eagle Eliminator 10.5 plug wires.

stainless core.
    Been running them for 3 years.

5. Member
    those look good, thanks

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiejake View Post
    Eagle Eliminator 10.5 plug wires.

stainless core.
    Been running them for 3 years.
    Won't fit in the coil tower- CDM ignition wires SCREW IN to the ignition coil.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    what would you recommend don?

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    For the CDM ignition, I would stick with the factory wires. Really not a bad wire, as long as they're not getting pinched and nicked (or whacked in two with the cowling).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

If you can get one end to come out of stock boot, they make the colored sleeves that might have the look you want. Not sure if the plug wires pull apart like the old car ones.....
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298