I have a 2003 OX66 225. Broke a piston on the #5 cylinder and had to get the power head rebuilt. The shop has been doing the break in runs this past week and I called them on Friday to see how it was going. Starting to get a little antsy about getting my boat back. Service manager asked if I could go to the river one day next week because they needed to show me something. He says my motor is rated at 5500 rpm and every time they go past 5600 they start losing water pressure. He says that they found an old repair on the step that needed sanding and smoothing and they repainted to lower unit because they thought that those two items were causing the water to not go into the pickups properly. Sounds fishy to me, I'm not buying that. Then he says he wanted to take my jackplate off, I said no hell you're not. So, I have two questions....1) If the engine is rated at 5500 rpm, why would they be going past 5600 rpm? 2) Doesn't it sound more like a set up issue with jackplate height? I do not know what the prop to pad distance is and I don't know if they have messed with that. One other thing, I got the original quote for the work back in Nov and he told me that some of the parts had gone up and the total bill is $400 more than the quote. I can see parts costs going up a little in four months but $400? Really starting to not trust this service manager at this point.