Power pole blade issue

So yesterday I fished a tournament and parked my boat in a slip and power poles down to go weigh in. When I came back only one pole would come up, the other seemed to be stuck all the way down but I could rock the boat and it was not in a bind on the bottom. I got in the battery compartment and pushed the manual retract button on top of the motor and it would still not come up. I had to put it on the trailer with one down and until I was about a 1/4 way up the ramp it finally released.
    any ideas what may have caused this? Possibly low on fluid or something along those lines? Total pain in the butt to have happen after a long day on the water.
    Thank for your time guys

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbassdaddy1190 View Post
    So yesterday I fished a tournament and parked my boat in a slip and power poles down to go weigh in. When I came back only one pole would come up, the other seemed to be stuck all the way down but I could rock the boat and it was not in a bind on the bottom. I got in the battery compartment and pushed the manual retract button on top of the motor and it would still not come up. I had to put it on the trailer with one down and until I was about a 1/4 way up the ramp it finally released.
    any ideas what may have caused this? Possibly low on fluid or something along those lines? Total pain in the butt to have happen after a long day on the water.
    Thank for your time guys
    I would start by checking your fluid level.. did you recently tighten your pivot bolts? If so could be over tightened and causing a bind. if fluid is very low refill and purge pumps again. let me know what you find were here to help.

3. Member
    In order to purge the pumps, just work them up and down? Or do I need to actually crack the lines and bleed them?

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    you will top the reservoir off with fluid then cycle them while on the trailer about 10 times. Then when you take out on the water do some deep water deployments (so poles do not touch bottom) up and down to do the final purge.

5. Member
    Thank you appreciate the help

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Pm sent

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    your welcome glad we could help you!

8. Member
    I got it handled. Must of still been some air in the lines. I went to deep water and worked them up and down. The one that got stuck prior was operating really slow the first couple purges and then came back to life. Hopefully won’t have anymore iasuea

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator