Thread: New trailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New trailer

I have a 2005 tr20x and my trailer has rusted pretty bad. I want to get a new before I have serious problems. Anyone know of a good place/website to find used triton trailers? Worst case scenario I’ll have to buy new but figured I would try finding a used one first.

I have a 05 myself it's also showing some wear. I haven't heard of anywhere with used trailers. Probably easier to just price out a new one I'm thinking.

3. Member
    I had to buy a new trailer in 2013 for my 2004 TR-196. Used a local Ohio trailer manufacturer that I do not recommend since my 2013 trailer is now rusting out pretty fast.
    Ohio Bass Fishing with Edgar VanHoose
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/EdgarVanHoose

4. Member
    Whatever you do go with aluminum. These painted steel trailers will always rust and there is no way top stop it.

Don’t use aluminum. One they will float and two welds break because there is no give like steel. If you don’t want steel go with a galvanized trailer. Personally I’d get a price in a steel trailer with road armor on it so it won’t chip or rust.
    Phillipians 4:13-For I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I was originally thinking galvanized or steel with road armor. It definitely won’t be a tube like I have now

7. Member
    Call this Number Rick-859-612-9272 Marine Master Trailer, Tell him Brannon said to Take care of You

8. Member
    Thank you

9. Member
    Go c channel not TUBE trailer thank me later I went through 3 trailers on my 2002 TR-21

10. Member
    Take a look at coastline I beam aluminum trailers. The beams are bent, no welds on cross bracing. Very good trailer. I bought one for my 203 Champion.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJHall11 View Post
    Don’t use aluminum. One they will float and two welds break because there is no give like steel. If you don’t want steel go with a galvanized trailer. Personally I’d get a price in a steel trailer with road armor on it so it won’t chip or rust.
    That's why you get a good aluminum trailer... Have been around 32+ ft center consoles my whole life and never saw a aluminum trailer fail. Have also never seen one float.

12. Member
    TFF has one for sale..

Check out budsmotorsports.com
    they always have used I’m pretty good shape trailers.

14. Member
    I got a quote for a trail master tandem axle for $3800 out the door. Is that a typical price for buying new? It’s got brakes on 1 axle and it’s a tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarco363 View Post
    I got a quote for a trail master tandem axle for $3800 out the door. Is that a typical price for buying new? It’s got brakes on 1 axle and it’s a tube.
    3800 isn’t bad. I got quoted close to 6k from whoever makes Triton trailers that’s with road armory and fiberglass fenders. Don’t but tube trailer tho. Hides the rust.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJHall11 View Post
    I’ll respectfully disagree. My dual axle Sport Trail aluminum trailer doesn’t float. Welds typically break when the welds were poor...nothing really to do with”give”.

If you want to buy the last trailer your boat will ever need, buy an aluminum trailer from a “quality” manufacturer. If you want something that color matches your boat, the trend is moving towards wrapping the aluminum. Nice look.

17. Member
    Jmarco, I currently have my dual-axle trailer at a shop being reconditioned and coated with a "road-armor" type substance and have my boat on a single-axle trailer that is from a 2005 Tr-20X. The single-axle trailer is C-channel steel and painted and needs new fenders and has a new axle under it. I am going to put an additional axle under it and convert to a duel-axle trailer and you can have painted or coated to whatever color you want. It wouldn't be available for at least a month as my trailer won't be ready for a month (gotta put new suspension components under it and install the light system again when I get it back). If you are interested, let me know and I can speak with my fabrication shop to see what they will charge to convert to duel-axle trailer and we can work something out on price.

P Ham

18. Member
    Ended up buying new. Thanks though

I don't know who made your trailers, but I have not heard a lot of good things regarding Master trailers, and I don't know who the mfg. is now, but I got an EZ Loader trailer with my '02 Tr19 and other than replacing brake lines, it has been a great trailer.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggin View Post
    I don't know who made your trailers, but I have not heard a lot of good things regarding Master trailers, and I don't know who the mfg. is now, but I got an EZ Loader trailer with my '02 Tr19 and other than replacing brake lines, it has been a great trailer.

You have a marine master trailer....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast