2001 trim issues

My neighbor’s trim doesn’t work from the throttle. I am pretty sure the trim switch is bad but I am far from an expert. We took the throttle off but the two screws in the back are frozen so we can’t get to the switch itself. I can see where the three wires go into a crimp and three wires from the handle also go into the connector. We have voltage in that connector. Would you agree if you have power in that connector then the switch is probably bad? Also, is it possible to buy just the handle and a trim switch? Thanks.

Based on your info I would agree - If you have power in but none coming out would think bad switch or bad connection.
    What kind of handle ?
    Might try a little heat and some penetrating lube on frozen screws.

3. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

I remember seeing those mostly on carburetor outboards as it has the pull up throttle for starting in neutral.
    Might try posting this on whichever brand motor forum that comes with.. I bet someone may even have what ya need laying around.
    good luck.
    If it was me I would try whatever means it took to remove those frozen screws - sounds like you don't have much to lose if you screw it up.

5. Member
    Sometimes flushing the actual switch vigorously with WD-40 while actuating it will restore it to action. Not a fix you should sell if you're charging a customer. In some of these throttle systems I would seriously consider adding a blinker style switch instead of breaking down a throttle assembly ( if it was my boat ). I'm lazy and old.