What are the chances

That Garmin will start shipping Echomaps with the GT 52 instead of CV 52? Could it happen or no chance?

Your guess is as good as anyone’s.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    My guess is that they would deplete the inventory of the CV's then go back to the GT's.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Banned
    My guess is they'll continue to offer both with the CV being standard for the Echo series and an improved GT as an option. Why offer one when you can offer two at a higher price point?

5. Member
    I've changed my mind. Riccochet. I believe you are right.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    So Riccochet are you saying you would have to buy both with your 93sv to get the gt52 or you would order 1 or the other with your purchase? Sorry if its a dumb question want to get it right.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TopWaterGuy View Post
    So Riccochet are you saying you would have to buy both with your 93sv to get the gt52 or you would order 1 or the other with your purchase? Sorry if its a dumb question want to get it right.
    I'm speculating the EchoMap units will still ship with the CV and the GT will remain a standalone transducer. Especially "if" the CV's are cheaper to produce than the GT's. And we may even see an improved GT to help justify the additional cost. Of course that only applies to the Striker and Echo unit since none of the GPSmap units ship with an included transducer.

From a marketing and profits perspective it makes sense.

8. Member
    Humminbird does the same thing with entry level and some mid-level units. They ship with a SI transducer that does not include a down element but does down imaging with software. However they do offer something that Garmin does not. If you buy one of these units and want the other transducer you can an exchange upgrade for a fee. Garmin doesn't offer that. However I have seen some of the new echomap Plus units offered without a transducer. So with that option you could just pick the transducer you want as a separate purchase.

9. Member
    Thanks guys.